Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

JOINT POPPING, GRINDING, and STIFFNESS

Posted In: Muscle conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Jackyj
  • March 2, 2011
  • 02:33 AM

Hey, i dont usually end up on forums and places like this, but i am lost and have absolutely no where else to turn, so im hopping someone here is going through the same problems or can guide me in the Right Direction.

My Problem is a long read, but please read through it. I am not sure if all of this is connected but i thought id share it all

A few years ago i noticed my Knees started to Crack alot. If i had put weight on one leg, then started to move or change direction, id hear a loud pop. No pain, just the sound. Then, slowly after, when weight training, i
would have issues doing Squats. So i stopped doing those. Then i had trouble with some other leg exercises, and stopped those aswell. I saw a Dr, had some X rays and an MRI on my right knee and nothing showed up. He told me nothing was wrong and to keep working out

So a year or so passes and now the Popping and cracking of the knee has Spread to the Ankels and the Wrists. No Pain, just the sound of grinding and cracking. Again saw a Dr, and again, came back with the same response of nothing being wrong.

Another year passes by and Now am at a Crossroad. Every joint in my body is now experiencing these symptoms. For Example

I shrug my shoulders i hear 4-5 pops and a Grating sound

I move my arms in a circular motion and all i hear is bone on bone grinding and an occasional loud pop.

My Hips now pop out of place during certain movements

I cant roll my ankles in a circle without them popping or grinding

Every time i move my neck, i hear the same popping and grinding sound and sometimes this hurts

My fingers now pop and crack all the time, i never used to be able to do this

I move my back and i hear 4-5 loud pops

When i cough i feel things pop out of place, but cannot locate or decipher where it is coming from

Then most recently, my groin started having these problems aswell. IF i squeeze my knees together i hear and feel a loud pop from within my groin. I didn't even know their were joints there? Not only a pop, but a Grinding sometimes aswell.

Now, all of these joints are Stiff in the morning, I have trouble getting out of bed i have to force my self to get up. It used to go away after a few hours but now its a full day, 24 hour stiffness. I probably crack my joints 300-400 times per day, not all on purpose just through daily motions.

I used to be active. i was 220 pounds, dropped down to 165 and was very active in sports and running and weight training.

I went from running 5k a day, to no longer being able to run more then a K without extreme discomfort.

My hips now have this burning feeling, as well as with the other joints in my body

Ive been tested for Everything, Lupus, lyme, RA, EVERYTHING comes back negative, i am perfectly healthy according to everyone. seen 2
rheumatologist,( who sent me for an MRI and a
BONE SCAN) 2 Family Drs,
and a chiro. and no one knows whats going on

The Rheumy Said nothing was wrong and told me to stop coming back.

So now here i am, 22 years old supposed to be in the prime of my life and im dealing with this problem no one even understands of acknowledges. I cant get it off my mind and its effecting me going to school and moving on with my career. I just lost a great girl because of the problems i am dealing with, and my confidence with finding another one is completely shot, which is messed up because ive never, ever prior to this had any problem with women or confidence. I try and weight train because i dont want to get out of shape, but i just cant do what i used to. and cardio and sports are basically out of the question. as well as work is becoming more and more difficult by the day.

WHAT DO I DO? all the research i have looked at points to arthritis or fibro, but i have no inflammation and Joint cracking and grinding isint a symptom of Fibromyalgia

Aright well i am kind of rambling on now, i guess what im here for is some type of direction, maybe even a small ray of hope that i will be able to live a normal life, and not slowing wearing away to nothing. Does anyone else have these symptoms? What did you do to get help? where did you go?

Please, someone steer me in the right direction

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I would hope you found the answer already but I have the same issues which is my right hip is tilted forward. As a result all of my bones have shifted and popped and the only way to fix some of it is to stay fit and keep your muscles strong to hold the bones on place. A doctor can prescribe you mobic for pain which is seriously amazing for me. Again, I hope someone told you by now.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 16, 2014
    • 01:08 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement