Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

tingly, heavy arms

Posted In: Blood conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 3, 2007
  • 07:27 PM

Well here goes...about 6 months ago I began to have a numb tingly feeling in my arms, sometimes only on one side, othertimes on both. I got checked for pretty much every neurological problem it could be (MRIs, bloodwork, etc) and nothing was found wrong. It eventually went away for a few months, and now is back. I notice also that it is worse when I drink alcohol, and at night. It's like I can feel something moving around in my arm the more I drink. I also am now experiencing a tightness in my chest that occurs also at night, and with no reason. I got freaked out last week and went to urgent care. Blood pressure was normal, heart rate fine, EKG and bloodwork all normal. They basically told me I was probably having a panic attack. I don't feel anxious/nervous until this happens though! It always happens when I am trying to relax and have a good time. When I am busy I guess I don't notice it. I am 5'5, 108 lbs...kinda thin I guess but still healthy by the numbers. I am always cold and have a severe intolerance to it. Could this be a circulatory issue and what would I even do about getting a test for that?? Thanks...I don't want to be put on antidepressants for this!!!! Help please.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement