Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Hiccups, bad breath.

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: athriz
  • February 24, 2011
  • 09:22 AM

It's not really a big deal, I don't think it's anything life threatening, but for a long time I've had a couple of digestive issues.

1. Once in a while I will get the hiccups. Sometimes it will be one hiccup that happens alone and completely randomly, sometimes its continuously. They aren't regular hiccups though; they're very loud, often I cannot keep my mouth closed, and when I am able to keep my mouth closed they are so strong that it actually physically hurts. This can be pretty embarassing if I'm in public, though for some reason it's very rare for it to happen outside of my home.

2. Often my body starts making weird noises. They're also pretty loud and I can only describe them as a sort of gurgling noise. This can go on for about an hour and get progressively smaller and quieter until they disappear.

3. Often I'll start to get bad breath. It seems to happen or worsen when I'm hungry, but it happens sometimes when I'm not. Sometimes I'm hungry and I don't get bad breath either. I remember eating waffles once and getting it in the afternoon, and eating cereal and not getting it at all. I thought it might have to do with eating a lot of wheat but the other day I ate waffles and I didn't get it in the afternoon when I was hungry. It's very difficult to predict. Worse; when I say I have bad breath I mean I REALLY have bad breath, my mother and sister compared it to an open sewer.

I have taken x-rays of my nose and sinuses and it's not that.
My teeth are perfectly fine, I have pretty good teeth and I brush every day. I don't have any issues with my mouth.

I'm guessing it's genetic, because my dad also has the same issue with the hiccups.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement