Discussions By Condition: Pain

Severe Arm Pain in Both Arms

Posted In: Pain 0 Replies
  • Posted By: robinson1011
  • February 2, 2007
  • 04:36 PM

I am a 41 years old and about 7 years ago I started having pain in my left bicept that you would radiate down my entire arm. The pain would come and go and over a period of about a year it became constant. After the first year I started having pain in my right arm and it also is constant. The pain is a throbbing, aching, deep muscle pain that radiates down the arm. I have been to many doctors and even have been to the Mayo Clinic trying to get answers on what the cause to this could possibly be. I have had the following surgeries: They rerouted the Ulnar Nerve in my left arm that didn't relieve any pain. I traveled to Florida to have Surgery on my spine where they releived pressure in the c4, c5 are of the spinal cord. This also did nothing to relive any of the pain. I recently had a Spinal stimulator put in my lower back with the stimilation going to each one of my arms. This has helped some but the pain is still overwhelming. I have been on many medications, morphine, oxycotin and many more hard narcotic drugs and the only drug that seems to have any affect is Ultram. It dulls the pain in my arms a little and with the spinal stimulator it makes life at least bearable. I believe we have tried everything and the Doctors don't know what else to do. Does anybody have any thoughts on what this could be?

I would appreciate your input..

Robinson:mad:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement