Discussions By Condition: Anxiety

throat throb accompanied by neck ache, teeth ache and head ache

Posted In: Anxiety 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 1, 2007
  • 02:23 AM

About a month ago while I was vacuuming the stairs, I had a strange sensation in my lower throat...it started throbbingand my neck started aching at the same time. I sat down and it went away almost immediately. several days later, I was taking a very mild walk and gthe same thing happened, but as i wasnt able to sit down and rest, the pain continued up into what felt like my teeth, as if all my teeth were aching...and then up into my head and my temples pounded. As soon as I was able to sit down, the throbbing faded away almost straight away. I've since had a couple more similar incidents, and I was associating it with activity...even mild exercise. Last night I was sitting reading a book and it started again. This time the pain was severe... as soon as the throbbing in my lower throat started the neck, teeth and head all started aching. I tried putting my head down between my legs, but that made it worse, I tried lying down, no good. I went outside into the fresh air and tried deep breathing...and that seemed to calm it down a bit but my head was still aching and I took an aspirin. This episode lasted about 5 minutes but was very scarry. I thought I would die. I went to bed, and slept very well, as I am unaccustomed to taking painkillers.
I have controlled blood pressure (I take medication), I do have the usual stresses and worries...my family say I worry too much about everything, which is probably right. I dont feel these throat throbbing episodes are anything to do with my bloodpressure..but I can't imagine what the cause is. Someone suggested anxiety...but I find it hard to believe. Has anyone else had these symptons.
Michelle

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement