Discussions By Condition: Anxiety

throat throb accompanied by neck ache, teeth ache and head ache

Posted In: Anxiety 12 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 1, 2007
  • 02:23 AM

About a month ago while I was vacuuming the stairs, I had a strange sensation in my lower throat...it started throbbingand my neck started aching at the same time. I sat down and it went away almost immediately. several days later, I was taking a very mild walk and gthe same thing happened, but as i wasnt able to sit down and rest, the pain continued up into what felt like my teeth, as if all my teeth were aching...and then up into my head and my temples pounded. As soon as I was able to sit down, the throbbing faded away almost straight away. I've since had a couple more similar incidents, and I was associating it with activity...even mild exercise. Last night I was sitting reading a book and it started again. This time the pain was severe... as soon as the throbbing in my lower throat started the neck, teeth and head all started aching. I tried putting my head down between my legs, but that made it worse, I tried lying down, no good. I went outside into the fresh air and tried deep breathing...and that seemed to calm it down a bit but my head was still aching and I took an aspirin. This episode lasted about 5 minutes but was very scarry. I thought I would die. I went to bed, and slept very well, as I am unaccustomed to taking painkillers.
I have controlled blood pressure (I take medication), I do have the usual stresses and worries...my family say I worry too much about everything, which is probably right. I dont feel these throat throbbing episodes are anything to do with my bloodpressure..but I can't imagine what the cause is. Someone suggested anxiety...but I find it hard to believe. Has anyone else had these symptons.
Michelle

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• I've gotten this since becoming pregnant. I can only describe the feeling in my throat as the tingly sensation you get when you breathe in really cold air, or if I've been running and breathing incorrectly through my mouth. But I have it 24/7 and it radiates to my lower jaw and bottom front teeth. I have no clue what is causing it!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 08:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like food allergies.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 08:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Mine isn't really throbbing, but a little kind of vibration or buzzing in my throat that only lasts a few seconds, and then sometimes I'll get it in my head too. I hate it, it really freaks me out, lol. I kind of think it's either anxiety or something relating to nasal congestion or sinus problems, because my sinuses seem to be really messed up lately.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey,I get this exact same thing. Well its not exact but it is along those lines. I first got it over a year ago watching TV and suddenly a big rush in my head of like what I called as tingling sensaton all through my head. It scared me so badely I just pretty much was shaking and every time I get it I shake a tiny bit.All I can make from this is it is a mild panic attack which is anxiety as the doctors told me.(I went to the hospital for it because I was so scared) and they gave me an anxiety tablet and I calmed right down, went home and fell asleep.I suggest going to your local doctor, talking too him and see what he things. As they say, the person who is an expert, should be the one to speak too.
  • Hey,I Feel The Same As Yu Lot Really Scared.i Went To The Doctors With Ringing In My Ears N Throbbing At The Throught He Said That I Had A Sinuse Infection And Also Depresstion And Anxitery Wel Im Ov That Now But I'm Left With The Ringing In My Ears And Throbbing At The Throatand Also Get The Neck Head And Also Upper Back Pain If Anyone Knows What This Is Please Let Me Know
  • This week I had an excruciating pain radiating out from my upper and lower jaw, to my ear, down my tongue and neck. I thought I had TMJ. I went to the dentist and I was diagnosed with a dead tooth. Apparently my tooth died and caused an infection and the inflamation was pressing up against my nerve in my jaw and causing allll of that pain! Who new?I am scheduled for a root canal. Yippee!
  • I have the same thing and dont know what it is! its like really deep in my throat, throbs, and starts going up my neck. It lasts for about 5 min. but its REALLY painful. Like when I smelled paint my throat hurt SOOOO bad. Anyone know wat this is??? ps no fever
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2009
    • 09:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • DId you ever fi nd out what it was.........I am going thru same thing and doc are puzzled.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 31, 2010
    • 03:21 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I feel the same thing. The way one of you described it---tingling as if breathing in really cold air--- it's like that except it lasts longer and is more of a pain than a sensation. It doesn't hurt to swallow at all, but it hurts like...when I burp or hiccup. I have no idea what this is, I just hope it goes away....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2010
    • 00:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I feel the same thing. The way one of you described it---tingling as if breathing in really cold air--- it's like that except it lasts longer and is more of a pain than a sensation. It doesn't hurt to swallow at all, but it hurts like...when I burp or hiccup. I have no idea what this is, I just hope it goes away....---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What did you find out>?>>> I have this exact same thing -- tho my teeth on the bottom front bother me --- but no one can tell me.... I'm going to my Chiro tomorrow --- for possible pinched nerve.
  • I feel the same thing. The way one of you described it---tingling as if breathing in really cold air--- it's like that except it lasts longer and is more of a pain than a sensation. It doesn't hurt to swallow at all, but it hurts like...when I burp or hiccup. I have no idea what this is, I just hope it goes away....I have had this since Tuesday, worse when eating and drinking. Pain in jaw, cheekbone, throat, teeth and just under eye socket. Doctor puzzled. I think it could possibly be trigemminal neuralgia. Everyone should google it, symptoms are very similar.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I had the exact same thing for months the doctor said it was gerd and panic attacks. I started zoloft and pepcid twice a day and my symptoms have really improved! I also had an infection that was causing the headache and throat pain, after antibiotics I feel better. The doctor also said the cold feeling in the back of my throat was gerd and the jaw pain was from my anxiety. Hope that helps maybe you have the same
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2011
    • 03:54 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement