Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Foul taste in back of throat for past 3 months - Dr Baffled...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 31, 2007
  • 04:20 PM

I've had a revolting taste in the back of my throat for several months. I've been to see my Dr and he has been unable to diagnose anything.

My diet has not changed nor have my meds, in fact nothing in my lifestyle has really changed, apart from getting to the gym a couple of extra times a week.

The taste is revolting, its not metallic, more like a mouldy, festering taste that I really can't properly describe and I can taste it deep in the back of my throat pretty much all the time, though sometimes, like when I eat it can get abruptly much worse, then fade back a little.

I'm assured that I don't have bad breath, my teeth have been checked and don't have anything wrong.

The only other thing I have noticed is that I seem to be bringing up lots of Phlegm, similar to when I first gave up smoking several years ago. I'm probably bringing up phlegm 3 times a day, but don't have a cold or any obvious illness. The only things I have had had done recently (in the last 4 months) is a nose piercing which hasn't given me any problems.

Any ideas would be welcome!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement