Discussions By Condition: Finger conditions

why is my little finger hurting?? (please have a look)

Posted In: Finger conditions 17 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 30, 2007
  • 11:22 AM

:confused: Hi everyone,

The last 3 day's my Little Finger on my right hand has been stiff and feels tight, and is only painful if i use it to hold something tightly or if i bend it at the middle joint, it also seems to be abit swollen and its got a slightly bluish look to it, the thing is i havent hurt it or banged it or anything, i just woke up one morning and it was hurting. can anyone help me??:confused: :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

17 Replies:

• :confused: Hi everyone, The last 3 day's my Little Finger on my right hand has been stiff and feels tight, and is only painful if i use it to hold something tightly or if i bend it at the middle joint, it also seems to be abit swollen and its got a slightly bluish look to it, the thing is i havent hurt it or banged it or anything, i just woke up one morning and it was hurting. can anyone help me??:confused: :) maybe you were biting on it in your sleep
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 01:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My finger has now been hurting 1 1/2 weeks now, i went to the doctor and he told me to tape it to the finger next to it and to go back in 10 days to see if it has stopped hurting....but had it taped up for a day now and i'm in lots of pain with it now, its stiffer then before.....:confused: :( :confused:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2007
    • 09:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • it's still hurting, 4 weeks now i think or nearly 4 anyways its still stiff and swollen. i am now starting to think it could be arthritis, need to go back to doctors this week. does anybody else have arthristis in there finger/s, xx:confused:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 02:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • go to an orthopedic doctor and have that checked out. Ulnar nerve entrapment will cause pain in the small finger, perhaps numbness, tingling, pain, dullness....those symptoms were what I was having and it was my ulnar nerve entrapped in my elbow. Last of Oct I had surgery to move the nerve from the elbow to another place in my arm and the problems cleared in my finger....it had also gotten into the side of the ring finger next to the little finger. You need to check this out for if it is that nerve it can cause muscle wasting also that can not be reversed if left too long. Good luck
    agypsygrl 79 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 03:30 PM
    Flag this Response
  • 3 of my fingers are all of a sudden hurting. When i accidently hit them or grab something heavy they kill me. I think its arthritus or a form of reynards disease...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • nearly been 2 months now since i had pain in my little finger, i have had an xray, need to be reviewed in 6 months, 2 days ago, on my other hand my index finger joint is now hurting, the exact same pain, i cant beleive it, if it still hurting in a few days i'm going back to the doctors, it must be arthiritis, i have pain in my wrists now and agen aswell (for years), Rheumatoid arthritis i suspect anyways, been looking on the net for symptoms...
  • you should stop typing on the computer! seriously!
  • my little finger got hit by a hard ball and it is really hurting in the joint i can move it forwards but not back
  • My symptoms are red spots, swelling and it isn't bleeding, but it looks red. It hurts when I move it. It is my middle finger, the third finger. It even hurts in my little finger in the middle, but it is not that bad, compared to my third finger. Anyone know what it is?
  • mine hurts tehere too :( :(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 20, 2009
    • 02:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, same symptoms here,My little finger in my right hand all of a sudden became swollen, it was painful, had a blue-ish colour in the middle joint and “infected” other fingers. The doctor gave me an anti-inflammatory and said it could be arthritis.Almost 2 weeks since I visited the doctor, the medicine affected my stomach but the finger got better although it never got back to the normal size and colour. Today the doctor saw my blood test, I have not arthritis, so I stopped the medication and my finger is getting worse again: it’s hurting, it’s swollen and it’s very, very itchy now (that is new)but there’s no clue of what that can be.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2009
    • 04:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I'm having the same problem. All of a sudden, one morning I woke up and my little finger on the left hand was swollen and stiff and very soar. It seems to come and go. There for a few hours and all of a sudden gone and then back again. All the other fingers work fine.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2009
    • 07:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My symptoms are red spots, swelling and it isn't bleeding, but it looks red. It hurts when I move it. It is my middle finger, the third finger. It even hurts in my little finger in the middle, but it is not that bad, compared to my third finger. Anyone know what it is?seriously, mine's like that too. though it's only started today, im 14 and i came home from going out for the day, and my little finger on my right hand was swollen with a red spot on it, at first i thought it was a bite like from an insect or something, but it's in the middle of october, what kind of insect will be out in this season? so then i lead to the suspicion that i could have sprained it or broken it somehow, or fallen on it and accidently hurt it in some place, but i've hardly done anything painfull today, except i cracked my fingers after carrying some shopping home.that's s'all, life's a ****h, so i just put some ice cubes on it, should help, eh?x
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 18, 2009
    • 09:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • you are probably right handed right? And use the computer a whole lot right? And your computer desk is too high right? This is putting pressure on a nerve. I have it and it's painful but I won't give up my computer.
  • my index finger on my left hand has been hurting since may, and its now October. it hurts right in the middle joint,and i cant close it fully i think its been a little swollen. i do a lot of sports so i thought i hurt it from that, i put ice and taped two fingers together, but it still hurts this is getting nuts, its only the one finger...what could i have done to it?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2010
    • 05:17 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i also have the exact same thing that you have. my little finger on the right hand is hurting. my dad says that if you wright with your right hand it might be tention in the finger from writing.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 19, 2010
    • 01:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My symptoms are red spots, swelling and it isn't bleeding, but it looks red. It hurts when I move it. It is my middle finger, the third finger. It even hurts in my little finger in the middle, but it is not that bad, compared to my third finger. Anyone know what it is?it may be gout, a build up of uric acid.....i had pain for 5 days in my little finger...it killed me. and i had never hurt it before, i just woke up with the pain
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2010
    • 03:42 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement