Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

mystery joint pain and tingling hands and feet

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: simonthedog
  • January 29, 2007
  • 10:58 PM

hi everyone. about six weeks ago i suddenly started to get pain in my hips. it would start in the afternoon and then progressively get worse into the night, but when i went to sleep it would get better and then i would feel fine the next morning. then it slowly started to move to my knees, elbows, shoulders. neck, and back. now my feet hurt as well. i went to my doctor and he did blood tests. he thought that it might be lyme disease( i live in pennsylvania where this is very prevalant). all of my tests came back normal, but i asked if i could take an antibiotic anyway, just in case it was a false negative result for lyme. he agreed, and i have been taking the antibiotic for about 2 weeks now. i have noticed slight improvement. before the antibiotic i was taking 600mg. of ibuprofen 3 times a day and i was still in pain. now if i keep taking the ibuprofen i feel o.k. the past few days i have been experiencing a tingling/ burning sensation in my hands and feet, and sometimes in weird, random spots on my body. i have also been suffering panic attacks and anxiety, which i am not sure is being caused by whatever i have, or is just my own fear getting the best of me. i also feel dizzy from time to time. i have had a few accupuncture treatments. i feel pretty much the same, though. they tested for rheumatoid factors, cbc, lyme, electrolyte levels, and a few other things. my doctor doesn't think it could be lupus. i am so frustrated and nervous. if anyone has any suggestions, i'd really appreciate it. thanks!
olga

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement