Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

Why my body is a bit longer than my legs

Posted In: Leg conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: tester28
  • January 29, 2007
  • 05:52 PM

When I was 9 years old, all my leg joints are swollen. I can't even walk. I can't remember the actual cause but I think it is a symptom of acute rheumatic fever. I was taken lots of antibiotic and injections to my hips.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/acute_rh...

Now, I am 30 years old. I notice that my legs are a bit shorter than my body. I am not sure if this is the side effects of taking too much antibiotic. (But my teeths are big and strong) ..
Is there any way or exercise I can do to extend my legs. Can I take growth hormone.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• When I was 9 years old, all my leg joints are swollen. I can't even walk. I can't remember the actual cause but I think it is a symptom of acute rheumatic fever. I was taken lots of antibiotic and injections to my hips. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/a/acute_rh... Now, I am 30 years old. I notice that my legs are a bit shorter than my body. I am not sure if this is the side effects of taking too much antibiotic. (But my teeths are big and strong) ..Is there any way or exercise I can do to extend my legs. Can I take growth hormone.Hi Tester,What are the conditions of your joints now? And to what extend are you planning to grow your legs? thanks.Stacey.
    stacey2 8 Replies
    • January 17, 2008
    • 00:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Stacey, I am just curious if there is any thing I can do.. Have you had the same condition.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 11:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Stacey, Thank you for posting a comment.My joints are fine.. I can play football.. etc.. I am just curious about what else can I do.
    tester28 2 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 02:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Stacey, Thank you for posting a comment.My joints are fine.. I can play football.. etc.. I am just curious about what else can I do.Hi, you are welcome.Actually if you are serious about the lengthening or increasing the hight of the stature, there are different methods, many have side-effects, like gowth hormon you are referring to(and I am not sure if this helps at your age at all).If you feel depressed because of the length of your legs, there is a leg lengthening surgery. Currently there are many Clinics performing limb lengthening surgeries, but in fact mostly those operations are not covered by insurance and you will need to pay a lot for surgery mostly (not sure about your location and if you would be willing to travel to clinic with lower costs).So in short, you need to 1)understand the extence of severity of short stature, what is the amount of inches/cm you want to "grow".2)check if you can afford some amount of time spent on surgery and treatment itself (there is some time you will need to be in fixator/device) and probably need to stay at hospital/clinic.3)of course find out the best clinic that would treat your case with minimal side-effects, low-risk for affordable price I guess.Short stature is well-treated with limb lengthening surgery and external device applied, if you are just curios then can make some Google search.Or, you may ask and I can try to respond to some of your questions and suggest something.Thanks, hope I helped a little.:) Don't hesitate to ask me.
    stacey2 8 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 03:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • When I was 9 years old, all my leg joints are swollen. I can't even walk. I can't remember the actual cause but I think it is a symptom of acute rheumatic fever. I was taken lots of antibiotic and injections to my hips. So you can't walk or could not walk, so you just mentioned you can play footbal ok. Please clarify.Thanks.
    stacey2 8 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 03:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thank you Stacey.. I was saying that when I was 9 years old, I can't walk.. After taking antibiotic for a 1 month. I can walk again. Now, I am healthy. Thanks
    tester28 2 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 04:39 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement