Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

grains of sand coming out of skin

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 30, 2011
  • 11:16 AM

I have grains of sand coming out of my skin, by the hundreds. White, brown or black. My house is full of them even though I vacuum most days and wash clothing and bedding. When I put oil on my skin they start to come out. The bigger ones are like triangular shafts of salt, they are brown. I have them in typical scabies places: back, buttocks, backs of thighs, hands and feet, scalp, face, arms, chest. Could this be piedra? I don't know if these things are animate. During the night though if I use the same sheets for more than 2 days, my body starts to seethe and I have to get up, scrub all over with soap, apply oil, and change sheets. My hair seethes too when I apply neem oil shampoo which is a good help. Please let me know if you have an idea what this is, is it scabies, piedra, or something else? Are any treatments available?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I have grains of sand coming out of my skin, by the hundreds. White, brown or black. My house is full of them even though I vacuum most days and wash clothing and bedding. When I put oil on my skin they start to come out. The bigger ones are like triangular shafts of salt, they are brown. I have them in typical scabies places: back, buttocks, backs of thighs, hands and feet, scalp, face, arms, chest. Could this be piedra? I don't know if these things are animate. During the night though if I use the same sheets for more than 2 days, my body starts to seethe and I have to get up, scrub all over with soap, apply oil, and change sheets. My hair seethes too when I apply neem oil shampoo which is a good help. Please let me know if you have an idea what this is, is it scabies, piedra, or something else? Are any treatments available?Hi There,I have the same thing and so does my partner I found out last night. I touch my skin and all of a sudden I feel some sand like material coming of the skin out either clear, or black, this is especially the case when I apply coconut oil. Its pretty scary to be honest... My health has not been very good lately I am experiencing a variety of symptoms. Are you feeling alright or is it just the sand? Sorry not sure what you can do about it. But my bet is if you go see a doctor or dermatologist about it they wont help you as they will try to find some stupid explanation.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, thou this dont sound like the kinds of morgellons Im familiar with, If no cause can be found, Id wonder if these are cases of Morgellons esp with that second poster, that is if you are finding this thing is causing itchness too (Morgellons itchness can be horrific). Morgellon's can be black or clear or certain other colours and one description is usually described like leaving black specs which come from the skin all over ones bedding and the house. Morgellon's can also present like little grains of rice coming out of the skin, when I had Morgellons these presented to me like white hazey clearish glass rice looking particles (like glass you may see at beach which has weathered over time so gets that haze appearance to it). I used to get the issue all over but it was far worst in certain places on the body .. hands, face, head. Applying things to skin that parasites dont like.. used to like drive whatever it was crazy and there would be far more movement going on (seething) with some of it coming out (only once thou could one see stuff coming out rest of time one felt things coming out but nothing was to be seen thou I never looked at my skin under a magnifing glass). To try to get rid of it, I used to rub lavender oil on myself (dont use it all over body thou as i once did that and ended up quit sick, I think I poisoned myself a little from the lavender oil over all my skin). I also used to use those native American Indian smudge sticks of white sage... the Morgellons I had didnt like that at all. (Desert Sage didnt work no where near as well). There will usually be other symptoms with the disease... to the second poster.. these other symptoms which can go with Morgellons (you didnt say what other symptoms you are getting) are often fatigue, memory loss, joint pain, vision changes and what I call brain fog (unable to think clearly). In some Morgellons seems to get worst at night... it was like the things I could feel crawling went into feeding frenzy at night. I found salt baths helpful to get the things out of the skin.. I used to use 1kg of Table salt and 250g bicarb soda in the bath and just stay in there as long as possible. If its helping you will know as you will feel stuff leaving your skin. If its Morgellons it is incredible hard to get rid of (I had daily 4 hr salt baths for a very very long time and one dont usually hear of people getting rid of it. I cant remember now how long I had the issue for 9mths-2 years). http://www.cdc.gov/unexplaineddermopathy/ The CDC is currently investigating Morgellons to try to work out what causes it. For a group of us who get it, we seem to be predisposed to it if we have other health issues which may be making us more susceptable to it eg those with diabetes, ME/CFS, thyriod issues get Morgellons more... thou a lot of people get Morgellons from a healthy state without previous issues. There is also a study on it at http://www.morgellons.com/docs/Case_Series.pdf best luck. I hope you find its something else
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • I never heard of this before but i think maybe you may be having a reaction to the oils you are using... you may want to consider not using them for a bit and see if that helps... some types of oils are not made in the most sanitary conditions and may have strange bacteria or other things in them...
  • I had a friend that had Morgellons, but did not know until she rid her self of it, many drs with no diagnosis, she finnally went to a person that delt with herbal medicine, and she had to drink olive tea, i remeber she said she ordered olive leaves and boiled them and bathed in it. it took about a few days, then she started seeing lots leaving her body, if my memory serves me it still took a few months to totally rid her self, go to a herbalistic person, or read up on the olive leaves if u can not find help from a dermatologist.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement