Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Burning LOWER GUT as well as stomach

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Ol'Line Rebel
  • January 26, 2007
  • 11:49 PM

Hi, I'm new here. Hope you won't mind my long post, 1st thing!

Anyone have burning LOWER GUT or ever heard of such a thing as a disease/condition? Please help if you have any idea. I can't get to my doc for another 2.5 weeks.

I thought the burning stomach was bad enough, but slowly over the last few months, I've felt a light burn lower.

Brief history: Been suffering alleged "reflux disease" for a year and been on Nexium every day for almost as long. Suffer alot with throat, so have been on 2x/day and 300 mg Zantac for some 6 mos now. Only solid diagnosis is "mild" gastroparesis (GP), tried Reglan for 2 weeks (horrible heart/nerve side effects) in Oct. Stopped that and have nothing for GP now.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad except the Sunday night I had a HORRIBLE bout of something. Don't know if it was allergies (I seem to have some nerve/gut reaction to some things, not clear that night though), virus, or some other reaction. In any case, it involved HORRIBLE burning all through my torso - including my lower GI. I mean, horrible. Made me writhe in pain and had to "vocalize". I very quickly got really, really weak (fainty), sweated profusely (this all matched with allergic problems), and felt either I had to faint or "go to the bathroom" - either end. As it was, I had a BM which was "normal" except I knew it was "rushed out" as if to get out of the way. Practically passed out on the floor, too weak to move from the toilet. But minutes later had to go again - this time definitely BM of diarrhea, mixed mushy/liquid. Felt a tiny bit better. Tried to sleep. About 2 hrs later, had to go again - almost pure liquid. Still felt pretty weak but not as bad as when it hit, nearly.

All the time present, though, was this burning all through my gut, including the intestinal area. I have NEVER had such a thing as burning intestines. The sudden onset was HORRIBLE. I really felt like I was being microwaved - burning inside out!

And it's not nice ever since, but tolerable. However, it all scares me now, that I have a NEW problem that won't leave. I still get burning not just in my stomach now, but apparently down in my intestines. It is a nagging, irritating burn; worse than any vague burn I felt before the "episode".

Anyone ever have such a burning gut? Anything in common with my history? Do you know anything about such conditions?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Hello, did you ever get this resolved or diagnosed?
    Orange Poppy 9 Replies
    • November 17, 2014
    • 03:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am so glad I found your post. I am going through the exact same thing. The burning in the stomach is unbearable. I've been on Dexilant 60 mg. And Carafate and nothing seems to help. In the past few weeks I've been awakened in the middle of the night with the exact intestinal burning with the feel of having to move my bowels. It starts out normal but like you a short while later it turns mushy and by my third trip it's mostly liquid. Feeling microwaved inside out is how I feel. I need help
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 22, 2014
    • 02:33 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement