Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis infections

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: sicsty868
  • January 26, 2007
  • 05:47 PM

About 6 months ago I had a BV infection. I rarely get any yeast infections at all but, I wasn't concerned. My doc prescribed something called Clindesse. It seems to clear things up but the BV came back. Since then I've experienced 4 more, back to back. One every month. I asked the doc if my boyfriend could be transmitting it back to me, but she said no. We have both oral and vaginal sex regularly. She told me that frequent sex could cause BV so she told me to get something called RePhresh. It's an over the counter and it's supposed to help keep the vaginal PH levels balanced. Well I tried it last month right after my cycle ended and for the first time in months I actually felt "healthy" down there. No BV either. Then this month right after my cycle I began symptoms of BV again. I used the RePhresh, twice, and it seemed to calm things down, but I'm beginning to feel that irritation (and slight fishy ordor) again so I called my doc today for another prescription. This will be my fifth BV and I'm getting concerned about the frequency. Anyone else ever experience this or have any suggestions of what I should be asking my doc for next? Is it "normal" to keep having these infections? Could this just be my body going through changes? I will be 39 this summer. Help!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement