Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Swollen ankles and bright red spots all over legs

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 12 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 26, 2007
  • 01:24 PM

I've been to the doctor and they say I have a sore throat, but I don't. My ankles swell really bad so much thatit's painfull to walk. There are bright red spots all over my legs and are more clumped togther on my ankles these one's are very sore and itchy. Does anyone know what this may be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• My goodness I cannot believe I just saw this. I was just showing my boss my swollen ankles with red splocthes when I came across your site. I too have very painful swlloen ankles that itch so bad. No one has ever diagnosed. They say what did you eat? Did it have salt? What could it be?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 26, 2007
    • 05:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • could u describe the red spots more? I have them, but not the swelling, I have psoriatic arthitis... more info would be helpful.....:)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2007
    • 00:43 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been to the doctor and they say I have a sore throat, but I don't. My ankles swell really bad so much thatit's painfull to walk. There are bright red spots all over my legs and are more clumped togther on my ankles these one's are very sore and itchy. Does anyone know what this may be?I have the same situation. ESPECIALLY when i wear shoes that rub against my ankles. That gets the red splotches and swelling on my ankles. I cant wear my air force ones because it rubs against my ankles. I can't wear heels because the straps make my feet itch and swell. Is it friction?I went to my dermatologist and they told me about my red spots. They said that I'm eating some kind of protein that my immune system thinks is an unknown invader. So the immun system attacks it and releases a chemical called histamine. I think that's what the red itchy spots are. Are you allergic to milk? (lactose and tolerant is different from milk allergy)Go on google and put inmilk + skin allergyclick on the first few links.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Swollen ankles and red spots on legs could be alot of things.I would check edema,also you can check diabetes also,I have used this site to check my medical worries many times Try diagnois check also,I have been to doctors but sometimes doctors dont have time it seems,they should have them like a drive through.Don't worry its frustrating but keep checking online here.So at least you can narrow it down,take care Michael.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 27, 2008
    • 11:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had something similar to this I went to a hospital and told me my blood vessels were damaged the red spots is basically the name of what I was told it was is:henoch-schonlein purpura he told me I had to sit and wait until it was gone I was not too happy with this answer so I went somewhere else and prescribed painkillers for the swelling cause I couldnt walk as well they told me to be on my feet less, they also prescribed some antibiotuc to help heal my vessels faster and as a home remedy my mom cut open Aloe plants and rubbed them on my legs witch soothed the pain ALOT!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2009
    • 00:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • could u describe the red spots more? I have them, but not the swelling, I have psoriatic arthitis... more info would be helpful.....:)Good Day,Please email me on mida.nbs@gmail.com, i would like to discuss psoriatic arthiritis with you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 13, 2009
    • 01:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been to the doctor and they say I have a sore throat, but I don't. My ankles swell really bad so much thatit's painfull to walk. There are bright red spots all over my legs and are more clumped togther on my ankles these one's are very sore and itchy. Does anyone know what this may be?It could be erythema nodosum. Look it up and ask your doctor. I had those same symptoms and went in and out of clinics before finally getting a diagnosis.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2010
    • 03:01 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been to the doctor and they say I have a sore throat, but I don't. My ankles swell really bad so much thatit's painfull to walk. There are bright red spots all over my legs and are more clumped togther on my ankles these one's are very sore and itchy. Does anyone know what this may be?Did you ever find out what this was? I am experiencing the same thing.
  • Did you ever find out what this was? I am experiencing the same thing. It gets so bad at night that I can't sleep.I have used Tea tree oil, I find that helps. I went to three Doctors and still have no answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2010
    • 06:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I notice that all of these possibilities have been pretty complicated and/or serious. The best idea is usually to eliminate the simplest explanations first. The spots, which are described as being concentrated around the ankle, sound like flea bites. Many people are allergic to fleas, which would lead to excessive itching and swelling. You may not see fleas but still get bitten, and only a few bites can lead to a very bad reaction. It may also be an allergy to carpeting, or even to the detergent or bleach used on socks. The sweating in the feet throughout the day can re-release some of the chemicals in the fabric leading to a mild chemical burn. I have even had this problem when visiting and showering in a different town, as the mineral content in the water is different. I also have excema which only makes the reactions worse. It is usually worth trying the simple remedy first. Check for fleas and bedbugs, vacuum the carpets and use milder detergents and soaps.Did you ever find out what this was? I am experiencing the same thing. It gets so bad at night that I can't sleep.I have used Tea tree oil, I find that helps. I went to three Doctors and still have no answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2010
    • 10:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had something similar to this I went to a hospital and told me my blood vessels were damaged the red spots is basically the name of what I was told it was is:henoch-schonlein purpura he told me I had to sit and wait until it was gone I was not too happy with this answer so I went somewhere else and prescribed painkillers for the swelling cause I couldnt walk as well they told me to be on my feet less, they also prescribed some antibiotuc to help heal my vessels faster and as a home remedy my mom cut open Aloe plants and rubbed them on my legs witch soothed the pain ALOT!!I also went to the doctor and they told me the same exact thing. I was given prednisone which took away the pain, lumps, swelling. But It caem back twice. I am heading back it to the doctors because I am worried something else is wrong
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• This reaction can be yeast/fungus related I went to dr when this happened to my foot and leg. Antiyeast fungal med. I use garlic cutup raw and drink chammomile tea to cleanse my hody of this and stay away from stress. It all worked!:)
    brando555 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement