Discussions By Condition: Female sexual conditions

UTI's, Ovarian Cysts and L.Q.Abdominal Swelling

Posted In: Female sexual conditions 64 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 22, 2006
  • 07:17 AM

I’ve got a difficult question, so let me explain. I found out a week ago from my doctor that sent me for Ultrasounds, that I have a large cyst in my right ovary and several smaller ones in my left ovary. Blood work also indicated a slightly high white blood cell count, whatever that means. However the earliest appointment I could get, due to being on government assistance, isn’t until the first week of August.
However I can’t help but feel there’s more going on and I’m not getting anywhere because I’m not asking the doctors the right questions or something. So on that note, is there somehow a connection between these strange symptoms I’ve been having these past three months?

My symptoms as of now that are the most noticeable are swelling in my left hip area (kind of around the area of my hip bone, making it hard to tell that I have a bone there… I’m also 5’2 and usually98lbs, but have dropped about ten of those), along with the area feeling slightly tender when I sit, or lay on that side. It also seems to get worse when I consume food or beverages, which also makes my stomach bloat or swell making me feel full quickly and resulting in a diminished appetite.
I’ve also been feeling very tired lately, even though I sleep relatively well, despite the random hot flashes I get when I’m sleeping (usually I stay fairly chilly, always blamed it on bad circulation, but now I sweat at night) as well as throughout the day and I’ve just got a general feeling of aches all over (kind of like you do when you have the flu or something). At least once a day I’ll get a stabbing pain in my lower pelvic area, but it doesn’t seem anyway associated with the swelling. I’ve also been urinating a lot more frequently, as well as being on the border of diarrhea (for a week now). I’ve also noticed these last few days that my bottom lip keeps splitting, and I’m wondering if that has something to do with everything else.

I had symptoms of a UTI back in April, but it didn’t end up getting treated until they returned the following month in May. In June a home screening test for UTI’s sent me searching for another doctor, which I finally found the first week of July after just having severe abdominal/ pelvic pains, bloating, nausea and diarrhea. Finally I managed to obtain an ultrasound that revealed the cysts, but they said everything else looked normal.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?

Reply Flag this Discussion

64 Replies:

• hey I have had some of your symtoms such as swelling in my left side friquint urinashion and bad pain in my abdomin first will start with the pain and urinating i had the same symtoms and i was diagnost with a condishion called interescystial cystitas :eek: about a year later i was told i have a inlarged cyst on my left overy :( and i resantly lost 5 lbs so if i was you i ask to be checked for the above condishion pardin my spelling but trust they will know what your talking about and as far as your night sweats and low whiteblood cell count i would ask for more blood work that could mean something is rong with your amuin system or mean your body is fighting some kind of infection sorry about my spelling
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I was also just diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and so I have been doing some research. When talking with other people who have had one they described a lot of the symptoms you have. I am experiencing them myself. It is true you can have an elevated white count, in fact it can mimic appendicitis. Everyone I have talked to said they experienced vomiting, fever, abdominal pain, bloating, painful intercourse, weird discharge and elevated white count. I have had lower back pain, cramping, 2 menses in 1 month, spotting on and off, the fullness you talked about, sharp pains that come and go, bloating, urinary frequency and nausea. It sucks. I kept blaming all these symptoms on stress until I was finally fed up with having 2 periods in 1 month the first one was 7 days and a week later I started again and bled for 11 days. Now everything kind of makes sense to me. I am a little concerned, but I am waiting for my appt. with the gyno doc. to see what he can do for me. I am hoping he will disolve it with birth control or drain it so hopefully I will go back to some normalcy.:cool: However, I think that if you are that concerned about it you should continue to bug them and demand further follow up. Don't take no for an answer and definatly express your concerns and fears! I hope everything turns out ok for you. GOOD LUCK:o
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2006
    • 00:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It certainly sounds as if your symptoms are related to your cysts. I had the same symptoms after a D&C for missed miscarriage. Within six weeks I'd grown a 7cm complex cystic mass inside my ovary, with a smaller cyst on the other. My symptoms were twice blamed on UTI, but test came back negative and horribly strong antibiotics didn't help, and I asked for a sono. That's when the source of my pain, bloating, fever and nausea became apparent. Cysts can also cause changes to bowel and urinary habits as well as menses, and they can cause incredible fatigue. Some women experience pelvic pain or pressure, some don't.Will be having surgery within the week to remove mine (loosing the ovary as well), as they are not the kind that can shrink and in fact are only getting larger.Even with good doctors, it really is important to educate yourself, as the better and more relevant questions you can ask, the more in-depth info you can get and the more peace of mind you have, because even worse than the pain is fear of the unknown.Hopefully by now your situation was resolved to your satisfaction. Please let us know.
    love1199 2 Replies
    • September 26, 2006
    • 04:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh , goodness I wish you felt better . Check out this website it will help answer alot of your questions , it helped me so much HYSTERSISTERS.COM I have problems with my Ovaries - but It was complicated by the fact that I had already had a Hysterectomy in which the Ovaries were removed - go figure the little critters came back- HYSTERSISTERS.COM helped me figure - out what was going on . Apparently there is something called Ovarian Remmnant Syndrome - it's where a piece of the Ovary breaks - off when during the Operation and then regenurates itself . If it was'nt for HYSTERSISTERS.COM I would have never known how it was that the Ovaries were surgically removed but in a later CT Scan there they were again . I was sent to an Oncologist he reasured me that the masses on my Ovaries were'nt Cancerous . But please take a look at the website it's very informative , and set - up like this site where you ask questions and peolpe respond back , but they have all been through it before . Please keep me informed , you can e- mail me at carlav867@aol.com:p
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 27, 2006
    • 04:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, it was very useful reading all the information that has been posted. I too have the same symotoms and have two cysts one seven cm and the other smaller. Both inside both ovaries. I am a little concerned as no-one really seems to be explaining what will be happening to me. I know i am being opperated on in the next few weeks but other than that dont really understand it. Kirstinruthjones@fastmail.fm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 26, 2006
    • 02:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello everyone and thanks for all the posts. Still don’t know much, doctors are in no big hurry to do anything or tell me anything. The U/S I had done back in July said my uterus is retroverted; there are some follicular cysts in both ovaries and a larger “complex cystic area” in the right. Also, it was noted that the “complex cystic area” could be hemorrhagic cyst or endometrioma as possibilities.I went for another U/S on Monday, but have not been able to get in touch with the doctor to find out anything. Spoke to my family doctor, who recently sent me for a Mammo & U/S of my right breast, but she only told me that there “appears to be a nodule near the lump” and referred me back to the Ob/Gyn.So I unfortunately don’t know anything more now than I did six months ago. I understand there are a lot more women with the same symptoms, but I’m still worried there’s something else going on. The doctors did just as I expected and put me back on birth control, saying that would help. But I’ve been on it for years and it’s never stopped them before. My Ob/Gyn also put me on Encora, saying that could help with some of the mood issues I’ve been having, but she also put me on Yaz for B.C. and they don’t seem like they should be taken together. So it’s just more sit and wait until I can talk to her or see her. My next appointment isn’t until January, but thanks to good old answering systems, I can’t ever talk to a human. Does anyone take those two together (Encora & Yaz)?Also, with the hip issues I mentioned. I know some of you said you have them as well and I wanted to know if they sounded similar to what I’m going through, because this is also something I went through when I was a child.When I was a kid my legs would randomly hurt, making me cry and “squirm” non-stop. The only things at that time that would help get rid of some of the pain was to grind my hip bones, or have my mommy rub them until I feel asleep. Doctor after doctor said it was growing pains, but my mom wasn’t happy with that answer after years of this unexplained plain and no growth. Finally a doctor told her it was arthritis in my knees and hips. After dealing with it my entire life, I just kind of outgrew it I guess because I haven’t had any problems in years. But for months now it’s been going on again, mostly at night though. Within minutes of going to bed the aching and pain starts, which eventually I fall asleep, but I’m grinding my hips which is causing more pain and keeping me up, not to mention my poor husband. Is that the same thing that everyone else feels? As funny as I know it’s going to sound, the only thing that makes it feel any better is when my hubby rubs the center of my butt cheek really hard, and I’m off and sleeping like a baby… until he stops, and I’m up whining. LOL As soon as I find out more from the U/S done on Monday I’ll post. Hopefully their going to be able to tell me more or do something, because I don’t know how much longer I can take all this. But thanks to everyone that’s posted, that’s made it a little easier. Thanks!!Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 11:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've also been experiences ovarian cysts lately and I have chronic joint/muscle pain. I've had horrible night sweats and the last few days I've had major cramping in my limbs and nothing seems to help. But I've read that extra sweating can cause muscle cramps so with your hotflashes it possible could be that. One other thing, Do you still get your bottom lip split? I've been having that too. I just thought that was a really weird. I'm going to gyno today and will find out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2006
    • 05:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Yep… sounds WAY too familiar. Those are the things that have been getting to me the most. Between the joints in my legs killing me, the hot flashes, cramping, nausea, back pain, muscle aches, swelling and OMG the mood swings… its enough to drive the crazy to sanity and back. I called the Ob/Gyn office again… still haven’t returned my call, so I’m still unsure as to what the last U/S showed. It’s been almost two weeks and I’m REALLY getting flustered with their lack of concern. One would think the least they could do is call back with some simple results. Unfortunately I’m starting to get used to the fact that they just have way too many patience to care about anyone of them.As far as the lump in my breast, I got the letter in the mail from the hospital today. It said that “imaging study showed an abnormality that requires further follow up by your physician. The only way that you can be sure that the abnormality is benign is to speak with your physician and have follow up tests.”. Don’t know what it is about those words, but I swear I feel like the floor just fell from under my feet. I’m sure I’m probably overreacting, hope I’m overreacting, but am scared on the other hand that I’m not. If that makes any sense. LOLI’ll post again later if I get a call back from my Ob/Gyn with U/S results, if not I will as soon as I know something else. Thanks again to everyone. It’s horrible that we have to deal with this, but knowing I’m not the only one helps a little. Sometimes having someone understand how frustrating it can be makes me feel better than any medication ever could. Thanks again and everyone keep me posted as to how we’re all doing. Have a good one and I’ll write back soon. TY!!Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2006
    • 07:16 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi My daughter is also suffering and has just been in hospital with the same sounding problems. Im now looking for answers. We was told that one of her ovaries is swollen and that she has polycystic ovaries. however when questioning the Gyno she stated that it should not be a problem and she should wait for a laposcopy. She is not getting anywhere on the NHS due to upto a 6 month waiting list before getting even an appoinment. She is doubling in agony, tired all the time and continual back pain. The pain killers barely take the pain away even though she has tried so many different ones prescribed by our GP. The gyno is now stabbing in the wind again stating she could have irratable bowel. She is 20 years old and her whole life has turned round and it has been ver disabling for her. She now has had letters from work about the time she has had off even though they seem to be very concerned. I have now decided to take her private due to not getting any answers. I have paid into the NHS for years. My daughter has for a few years my husband also works but we cannot get anywhere or get the treatment we are entitled too. In the meantime my daughter has to loose 11/2 stone in weight within two months and in terrible pain for 5-7 days a week. She looks like she is on drugs the way her eyes look so dark through lack of sleep. I have no option now to go private.Has anyone else been told this?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 21, 2006
    • 01:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is going through this. After reading your post, though I'm not exactly sure what NHS is, I'm assuming it's a sort of medical coverage/ insurance or the like, is that correct? If not, I apologize for I'm just getting used to all this myself.However, when I first started trying to get answers I was on Michigan's Adult Medical Benefit Waiver and let me tell you, they are as useless as tits on a bull, for lack of a better phrase. I was responsible to find the doctors that would accept it, and then find a doctor to give me a referral and wait god knows how long for an appointment. The last instance I finally got an appointment for a little over a month down the road. A month later when I went to my appointment I was told by the receptionist that they were mistaken, they don't take my coverage. I was outraged. I called their office twice and checked, as well as my boyfriend (now my husband if that tells you anything) who called twice and we were both told that they did take it only to be told the opposite the day of my appointment. I was so angry that I had my b/f take me straight from there to our local DHS office where I only proceeded to get even angrier.I had to sit there and wait almost an hour to talk to someone. Finally when I did, as MOST DHS workers do, she did noting but cut me off mid stream every time I asked a question and started giving me definitions. Finally I cut her off and told her if she's not going to let me ask a question, I would appreciate that she quit answering with definitions I already know.In the end, they won't do a thing. They won't help, won't answer questions... NOTHING. Why? Because their on good insurance and not the crap they hand out. Makes sense huh?So anyways, to say the least B/F and I were going to get married and after discussing it decided to move the wedding up so I could get on his insurance. Which I've had now for a little over a month and I still know no more than I did before. Every doctor I see wants to send me for U/S, but none of them want to take the time explaining anything, nor are they any more eager to help fix whatever the problem is.I'm recently discovering that I could have known this all back in March had the doctor taken into consideration my history, but she didn't and the next thing I knew I was being tested for STD's, treated for a UTI and told to come back in two months for the lump in my breast. It was over three months and several doctors later that I was told I have cysts in both ovaries and just yesterday I found out that I’ve got to get further tests on the lump because the U/S showed an abnormality.Basically I’m still in square one. The pain, as with your daughters, just gets worse with every passing day. The only thing that I’ve found that helps me any is Ibuprofen 800Mg, keeping in mind that I’m 5’2 and about 90-95lbs. Back in March when it all started I went from 98lbs down to under 85lbs in a matter of several weeks, and even that didn’t raise any red flags with doctors.Now I’m playing phone tag with my Ob/Gyn trying to get something done, as well as still trying to get results from the U/S a week ago Monday. I’ll keep everyone posted on that as well.The only advice I’ve found that works is this; “The wheel that makes the most noise gets greased first”. Bug them and nag them for services like they would you for PAYMENT. Don’t let up and don’t take no for an answer. I’ve got to the point where I’m so fed up I bug everyone on Michigan.gov now all the way up to the Attorney General because it’s so unnecessary for women to have to go through this. Also, with your mention of IBS, you need to read some of the posts from other users, as well as checking out Ovarian Cysts on www.wrongdiagnosis.com because there are several things that can mimic Ovarian Cysts that even I was surprised to read and I’ve had them on and off for ten or more years.Don’t know if any of that helps, hope it does. I hope that you and everyone else here, including me, can find some relief. As I said, I’ll post when I know more or if anything interesting comes my way. Until then, hang in there and good luck!!Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 21, 2006
    • 02:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Just got a call from my OB/GYN and got what I wasn't expecting. According to her my U/S was normal. No masses or cysts of any nature, just some "fluid" that she said appears to be as if a cyst may have ruptured. Now I'm REALLY confused, if their all gone, what's causing my symptoms now? I told her that I've still been experiencing the same symptoms that I have been for months, but she didn't seem concerned. She just said to make an appointment so that we can discuss the results of the U/S on my right breast.Has anyone had this happen? Had all these symptoms, get told their due to the cysts only to find out their all gone and the symptoms are still there? If yes, what did you do or how did you find out what was wrong?Anything at this point would be helpful. I already felt like I kept going in circles as it was, but now it seems every circle just leads me right back to that square behind square one. LOL. Thanks for all the help, information and advice so far. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this before I lose what shred of sanity I have left. Thanks again everyone.Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 21, 2006
    • 07:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi DeeNhs is English Health Service that we pay for in our wages and everyone is entitled too. My daughter pays £100 out of her wages per month for this. As do millions of others in England. I took her to a private hospital consultant this morning and she has explained to her that Polycystic Ovaries is caused through not making enough inculin in your body. I asked if it was linked to Dibetics she said that you need to go on a GI diet so that the insuline can be made quicker. She needs to keep an eye on sugar intake and that she thoguth the pain she is going through is because the ovary could be stuck to somthing. She said that she can give you a tablet form called met somthing that will substitute the insuline as well as the birth pill she has been placed on Dianette This is to balance the hormones.To take her private like anyone in England you then have to pay the hospital again for what ever you are going for and no we do not get refunded. You still have to pay in your wages and do not have an option for this.Hope this explains the NHS for you another goverment rip off
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2006
    • 02:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am not sure where anyone is with this but I have a great medical coverage through where I work and I am not saying this to brag but only to prove a point. Regardless of your coverage, doctors can only guess at a diagnosis and if they feel they are overworked, they will put the "least serious" cases on hold.... THIS OUTRAGED ME WHEN A NURSE SAID THAT TO ME!!!!!!! I have to agree that the squeakiest wheel gets the grease and let me tell you -- I SQUEAKED SO LOUD AND SO LONG THEY HAD TO LISTEN..... I finally was told that I have a tendency to a high rate of hemmorhagic cysts around the time of my menses (explanation to follow) and there were a few options I had. The explanation the doctor gave me (he is the head of the gynecology/obstetrics cepartment for a nationally recognized hospital) was that when I am starting my cycle, follicular cysts form and fill with blood that should be released during my period -- it doesn't so the cysts continue to grow. While it is normal that these cysts will reabsorb, they don't always which makes the cysts "hemmorhagic". One of my cysts had grown so large, I had the symptoms for so long and I have a family history of extensive cases of hysterectomy that the doctor recommended a laparoscopic surgery to examine the cysts and remove them and/or the ovaries if necessary. We discussed this intensely. Within a week, I was scheduled, tested and on the table. When the doctor was doing the exploratory surgery, he found the cyst they were most concerned with had reabsorbed (so it disappeared) and the other cysts present were minimal. They could have removed them but it may have caused more problems to do it then. After the recovery from the surgery, I continued to have the symptoms and my doctor had me come in for a follow up appointment. (Keep in mind, I agreed to the surgery.) He then presented the option a few of you have mentioned - birth control. He said this should control the cysts (I also had irregular and heavy bleeding) and the growth of them. It hadn't...... the doctor then mentioned that I may want to consider an endometrial abalation (I have three kids and I am 27 - this option may not be one favored for anyone younger or without children) which is where the endometrial layer of the uterus is burned with a laser. The last option the doctor provided (and quite reluctantly because, as we all know, the ovaries and the uterus produce hormones our bodies need as women) was complete or partial hysterectomy. This is something I am considering because I feel that I have had all the kids I need and I am old enough to deal with the repercussions of bringing on menopause early. I urge everyone here to research everything FULLY (I cannot stress that enough) before going to the doctor and those with "reluctant" (read as unconcerned) doctors, take a list of questions and DO NOT LET THEM OUT OF THE ROOM UNTIL THEY ARE ANSWERED TO YOUR SATISFACTION!!!!!! Keep in mind, doctors have a license to "practice" medicine - there is no final answer to anything. There will always be someone out there that will say something conflicting to what you have already heard and all doctors need to be open to learning as they go.........Sorry for the long reply, but I hope this helps someone...... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 04:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello all, sorry it’s been a while since I updated this, but not much has changed. I had the biopsy done to the lump in my breast about two weeks ago and it turned out to be Fibroadenoma, which thankfully is benign. I’m grateful for that much, but that biopsy was terrible and I’m still really bruised and very sore from it, which hopefully will subside soon. As far as the other things go, still don’t know anything. I beg to differ with the last post in regards to the medical coverage because now that I have “real” insurance I can see the difference in how I was treated then compared to now. Before I couldn’t hardly even get an appointment, let alone have a doctor talk to me like a human being, however having medical insurance sure persuaded them into taking interest. I find that disturbing still even though I have medical coverage now, I still write as often as I can think of to our state reps and anyone else that would reply because I feel that regardless of income, everyone has equal rights to medical care, even when their government says differently. It’s something that has to change and it isn’t going to happen on it’s own. It’s not likely that I can do anything on my own, however I feel better in at least knowing I try more than most. With that said, back to the topic at hand. I’m still going between doctors, not knowing any more now than I did months ago. I’ve started back on the birth control pills, but if anything they have made things worse. I’ve bleed more than half the days this past month, the clots have gotten worse and the pain and other symptoms haven’t improved whatsoever. I’m to the point now that I don’t think the cysts had anything to do with what’s been going on. Honestly, I think there’s something else going on, but the doctors just happened to find the cysts, so they blamed everything on them, which I’m really starting to think isn’t the problem at all. I don’t know if it makes a difference or not, but one thing specifically keeps bothering me and that’s the way the U/S’s were performed. The first one I had I was laying completely flat, that’s the U/S that showed the cysts. But when I went back a month later and they did another U/S they had me lay on a stack of towels and sheets and the results didn’t show anything. I can’t help but wonder if they were still there, but they couldn’t see them because of the way I was laying, which was said to be because my cervix is tipped, which it always has been. Still can’t get it out of my head though. I just can’t help but think there’s something else going on, maybe even something that’s causing the cysts themselves because I’ve had cysts before, and other problems, but nothing has made me feel like I have felt these past several months. I don’t have any energy, depression is making it’s way in because I’m so tired of going to doctor after doctor and not knowing anything more. The mental symptoms that I had only seem to be worse now that I’m back on the pill, plus it has really messed with my cycle. Which I don’t see how the pills are going to do any good when I’ve pointed out the entire time that I got the cysts while on it in the first place, which nobody can explain why. That was partly why I went off them in the first place, that and they were causing other symptoms which I could no longer deal with (making my hair brittle causing it to break and fall out, as well as making my gums hurt very badly), which disappeared after I went off it. As it stands now I still haven’t had normal bowel movements in months. Where I once was a bottomless pit when it came to food, I no longer get hungry. I force myself to eat because I know I need to, but it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I’ve weighed exactly 98lbs for as long as I can remember, but I lost about 15lbs when this started and I still can barely get to 90lbs. My moods are terrible. My OB/GYN put me on Encora and has had me tracking my moods, but they aren’t doing anything. I went from being moody and crabby, to being moody, mean and depressed, which isn’t like me at all. I always feel tired, but I can’t sleep. I used to be able to sleep for 8-10 hours and now I top out at 4 or 5. I fall asleep with no problem, but I wake what feels like every fifteen minutes. Usually because my left leg and hip start aching (which I noticed only happens at night when I go to bed for some reason). I still have some mild swelling in my left hip area, but nobody seems to think it’s anything to worry about, even though it affects everything I do. The worst part, as embarrassing as it is, the fact that my husband and I are newly married and I have no sexual urges whatsoever. It’s like something is turning my mind inside out and upside down. I was sure that it was hormonal, but the doctor I seen didn’t seem to think so, even though my levels seemed high to me considering she checked on day ten of my cycle, rather than the third day like they usually do, plus taking into consideration that I’m much smaller than what they consider a normal weight, which for me is normal because I’ve always been small like my mother. Sorry for the long post, but I’m really hoping that someone eventually will come across it and realize they have been through the same thing because I’ve come to a dead end. The OB/GYN doesn’t seem to think anything is wrong. My family doctor doesn’t act like there’s anything to worry about. They all conclude the same thing, it was the cysts and their gone so problem solved. But I feel like it’s far from solved. I try to make the noise, get their attention and get something done, but they won’t listen, not as long as they consider everything being due to the cysts. I just know that I’ve been getting really depressed because I don’t feel like their ever going to get to the bottom of it and it could be so many things that I’m concerned that something could be getting worse, especially when I developed the lump in my breast. Cysts run in my family, but there’s never been an issue with breast cancer or anything of the like. However issues with digestive, reproductive and a few others do run in my family, which is where my concern is now. Anyway, I won’t see another doctor until January, so I’ll post if I find out anything else that might be helpful. Other than that, please keep posting because everything I have read has helped me a lot, plus venting on here once in a while doesn’t hurt. LOL. Again, I apologize for the long post. Thanks for all the posts everyone. I hope that you all will keep me posted, as I will do my best to do the same. Thanks again and good luck to everyone and Happy Holidays!Dee
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 08:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello everyone.I know what everyone is going through. I'm 31 years old and I have been having problems with cysts since I was 19. I feel like a pro. I've been on several type of bc pills because of the cysts. For some reason I still develope cysts while on the bc. I was just switched to Yaz and I am on my 2nd cycle. No period as of yet. I thought I was pregnant at first but now I think that my cyst on left side has gotten bigger. I have a dr appt on Monday. But keep your head up...just think it will all be over once we hit menopause. LOL. I was told that I would never have kids but 5 years ago I was blessed with a beautiful son. My doctor doesn't know how but it happened. I've had 2 emergency surgeries due to ruptured endometriomas (blood filled cyst) and 2 laporoscopies (through the belly button for large complex cysts). Don't let it get you down! Let me know if you need to talk about it. I've been through it all! The nurses know me by name as well as the ultra sound tech. Good luck!!!Jenniferdeljen1996@aol.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 27, 2007
    • 10:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Jennifer!! Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having and I too am starting to feel like a pro. Mine started when I was 19 also, been on birth control every since and was still developing cysts. Like you, now they have me on Yaz, which doesn't seem to be doing much better as far as I can see. My periods went from being half way normal to being just as abnormal as they were prior to the BC. The doctor tried blaming it on me saying that the break through bleeding doesn't happen unless you miss pills, however seeing that I've been doing the pills for 10 years I think I've got that much down pat.At my last Ob/Gyn appointment she decided she wanted to try to do a Endometrial Biopsy, which after several gut wrenching pains she said she wasn't going to be able to do because the opening to the cervix wasn't big enough to get the instrument through (which she didn't explain what, if anything that meant). I tried calling her later that evening to ask her about it because if that can't be done, I didn't understand how a simple PAP could be done. Two weeks later I still haven't been able to get her to return my calls, which seems to be the normal. The last time she left me hanging was in regards to test results I called for and after a week she still didn't call me back. My husband had called the office from work and asked if someone could please call and let me know what was going on. Then and only then did she call, where her first concern was to discuss the fact that my husband had called her. To say this aggrivated me was an understatement. With that situation, added to this more recent one I think I'll be making an appointment with my Primary Care physician and see if she can refer me to an Ob/Gyn that's not an idiot. I'm beginning to think that it's something about me that attracts every quack of a doctor within a hundred square miles.I've been going through all my problems now for almost a year and all I know now is that I no longer have the cysts, according to the last US I had. As for the hip swelling, there's still no explination and the other problems I was just referred to a Gastro doctor for. Other than that the only thing anyone has said was my Ob/Gyn commenting that she think's I need some antidepressents. I love that that's every doctors answer to every problem... it's in your head. Never thought I had such a creative imagination. LOL.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 03:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello everyone, I'm knew to this site & its nice to know that other women have /do have the same symptoms. I had menstral cramps or so i thought they were. A U/S told a diferent story. My doc told me I have 2 small fybroids, & have nothing to worry about. But the pain tells me a otherwise. I have 2 periods a month (sometimes) with spotting in between. I have bloating, pain, frequent urination. A watery,clear gel like discharge. tired all the time, moody. So my Doc gave me a blood test, turns out I have a thyroid (not fybroid) condition as well. I had no idea, but turns out some of the symptoms I had/have were caused by the thyroid. I'm not saying having a thyroid condition causes Ovarian Cysts, fybroids things like that, but maybe it would help if a test was done.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2007
    • 08:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Well after my last U/S showed there were no cysts, the doctors are trying to find a different answer now. My OB/GYN recommended that I see a Gastroenterologist. Seen him the other day and he's sending me for a EGD & Colonoscopy on Monday. Also had to make an appointment with a kidney doctor. Already thought they were clueless, but now I know they are. Ob/Gyn couldn't perform the Endometrial biopsy, so she thought it logical to send me to a gastro specialist? I've been trying to get a hold of her (my Ob/Gyn), but yet again she can't return a phone call and I've been trying since my appointment over two weeks ago.I don't know, but I think their just shooting around in the dark now. Even the gastro doctor said it sounds like Endometreosis (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and asked if I'd been tested. Unfortunately the only tests she tried, she couldn't do and the next thing I know I'm being sent to someone entirely different. Did everyone else have to go through this just to figure out whats wrong? It's been a year now and I'm no closer to knowing whats wrong now than I was a year ago and I'm getting tired of being poked, stabbed and prodded. LOL. Really not looking forward to Monday, but I don't know what else to do but get every test they send me for, even when it seems like their shooting around in the dark for an answer. :(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 00:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hello all, I dont feel crazy anymore. I have hurt for so long I was beginning to think that everyone felt this way. My pain is mostly on the left side and goes straight through to my back. I recently had a U/S I havent talked to the dr yet but during the test girl performing it said that she saw a cyst on the RIGHT side I could not belive it because I hurt so bad on my left side. I also have mood swings, night sweats, horrible periods, bloating, and quizziness { kind of like car sickness} I hope the dr will be able to do something about it. If I have to have surgery how long will i be down? I am in the process of planning my daughters wedding and building a house. I also think I may need to ask my dr to give me something for my nerves, I hope I make it through these next few months.Dottie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 07:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello All,I am having similar issues but I do not have Cysts - I did when I was 16-17 but now am almost 30. I have abdominal pain all the time, have problems sleeping, aching bones (almost feels like my bones are trying to crawl out of my skin), constipation/diarhea, painful sexual experiences, and most of the other issues you are all going through. About 4 years ago my sister found out she had Endometriosis which the symptoms were very similar to mine so I started with a local gyno here and after three different gyno's and several u/s's I became realllly frustrated becuase they said tey couldn't see anything and the test results were fine. The u/s's were showing nothing which made me feel like it was all in my head. My sister finally convinced me to go to her dr in Toronto (about 2 hours away from me) which specialized in abdominal pain. I was finally able to get to see him and within the first sitting he explained that he was 100% sure I had endometriosis. I read in your above post that your gyno said she couldn't do a procedure becuase your cervix was not big enough which doesn't make sense so your thoughts are in my opinion justified. I had a laporoscopy where he did find endometrial growths which he 'burned' off. It did turn out that I had stage 2 endometriosis (there is I beleive 4 levels 4 being the most growths) which the lower stages typically cause a lot more pain then stage 4. My sister had stage 4 but did not have nearly as much pain as I do. Endometriosis is hard to treat and once you have it you apparently never get rid of it but having children does help (which won't help me as I am not looking to have children). I have since gone through two surgeries and a 6 month round of Lupron shots which puts you in a state of menopause to stop the growths. It is now 4 years later and I am having pain still and have had a few more symptons which now include constant bleeding (even though my doctor put my on the pill where I don't stop taking it to get my period). I have just recently had an IUD put in (which ladies - is not very fun - the most pain I have ever had while awake to do a procedure) which has helped with the bleeding but I seem to have more pain now. I was also sent to a urologist (becuase I have frequent urination - especially at night - up to 5 times with very little to drink and nothing after 7pm) and will have to also get some other test for my colon as my doctor is sure that the pain now is from somewhere other then the endometrial growths. My bladder tested fine so there isn't an issue with that and I am sure my colon will be fine as well so I am back to the Endometriosis. I am now also having fevers, abnormal discharge, lower back pain, dizzy/extrememly tired, and discomfort when sitting. I am getting a bit worried that the IUD is not agreeing with my body but I have to wait to see. I know that things are frustrating for me still but I am very happy that I have been able to at least figure out why for the most part. It sounds like you also have endometriosis and I would demand your gyno do a laporoscopy (which they will put you under to do) as that was the only way they could determine I had Endometriosis.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2007
    • 04:33 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement