Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Purple cold hands?!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: xieaualoha
  • January 24, 2007
  • 10:49 PM

Hello, this is very important to me so if anyone could help me it would be GREATLY greatly appreciated!

About 4 years ago, its was probably fall or winter, I was laying down watching tv and noticed that my toes felt funny. I rubbed them and the feeling didnt go away. I took my sock off and was scared to find that my toes were PALE WHITE. After about 10 minutes it went away. That has only happened about 4 or 5 times since then. BUT, ever since that has happened, my hands and feet turn extremely purple. It is not only a menace but it can be quite embarassing at times. I feel people looking at them and when people say "OH MY GOD why are your hands purple?!" I almost want to cry. I dont understand why they are doing this or how I can stop it. I've asked my doctor frequently what it could be and she said it looks like raynaud's. I do have almost ALL the symptoms for it except my hands do not turn white before the color change. For much of the research I have done on raynauds it said that my limbs would turn white before turning purple. I don't understand how I can match up perfectly with the symptoms and not have it. I also thought i might possibly have RSD but i did not have any injury prior to all of this happening.:confused:

Another thing i have noticed that seems to coincide with all of this, is that the heat seems to have the same reaction as the cold?! When i go out in the sun on a hot day i notice red spots on my arms and legs and my hands and feet will be bright red. The same happens when Im in the shower. How annoying can this be! Red means too hot and purple means to cold! I feel like some kind of mood ring!!:rolleyes: I CAN'T stand this! Its an uncomfortable feeling and its so embarassing I feel like im always hiding my hands, i never get to wear flip flops either. i wear gloves all the time and as a student at high school and cant always carry a blanket around i have to deal with being freezing all the time.

Another thing i need help on is that I have very bad perspirations! My hands are always sweaty and clamy (cold or hot) and my feet and my ARMPITS seems to sweat. i always wear white shirts for this reason! im tired of it. Ive tried drysol and other prescription deodorants and they just dont work!!

Please please please help! i would mean the world to me!:(

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement