Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

pulsating abdomen

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 18 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 22, 2007
  • 07:35 PM

Right below my ribs on the left hand side of my body I feel a continual pulsating, no rythm like my heart but the same feeling of intensity. No pain either just annoying and wondering whether I should be worried????

Reply Flag this Discussion

18 Replies:

• No answer huh?I've been feeling the same sensation, just left of my belly button.Did you get it checked out?I have a DR appt on Thurs.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Right below my ribs on the left hand side of my body I feel a continual pulsating, no rythm like my heart but the same feeling of intensity. No pain either just annoying and wondering whether I should be worried????Are you of childbearing age? You could could have a splenic artery aneurysm.
  • Right below my ribs on the left hand side of my body I feel a continual pulsating, no rythm like my heart but the same feeling of intensity. No pain either just annoying and wondering whether I should be worried????I have been having the exact same problem and I have gas and bloating also, but the pulsating is driving me crazy. Any ideas?
  • You could have a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm! GET TO A NAET IMMEDIATELY!!!!
  • me too, Erika.Did anyone find anything out about this? I don't have health insurance, and it never hurts, it's just kind of annoying.
  • If it's following the same rhythm as your heart then it's typically just blood flowing through an artery, they can sometimes move closer to the outer parts of our bodies with weight gain or loss. However it can also be something more serious, as mentioned above. It's 'typically', though not always, dependent upon age.. younger people don't have many veins burst =)If it's not following your heartbeat it's likely something fairly serious, or will become serious sooner or later. It would be best to get it checked since (as with all medical issues) the longer you wait, the worse the damage will be.
    darkwolfe_73 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • i feel the same thing. so i checked out webmd.com and seen that bowel obstruction can lead to that feeling around the belly button. i feel the same but i think its an ulcer :http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/bowel-obstruction-topic-overviewjourney well
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2009
    • 05:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Right below my ribs on the left hand side of my body I feel a continual pulsating, no rythm like my heart but the same feeling of intensity. No pain either just annoying and wondering whether I should be worried????well i checked out webmd to see what the problem is. i feel the same pulsating sensation as well. the link is here: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/bowel-obstruction-topic-overviewjourney well
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2009
    • 05:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Right below my ribs on the left hand side of my body I feel a continual pulsating, no rythm like my heart but the same feeling of intensity. No pain either just annoying and wondering whether I should be worried????Hey I know this is a long time after you have posted this question, but Im wondering if you ever went to the doctor and what did they say??? I have the same thing and am very busy with university, so I don't have time to go in anytime soon.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 22, 2009
    • 06:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey I know this is a long time after you have posted this question, but Im wondering if you ever went to the doctor and what did they say??? I have the same thing and am very busy with university, so I don't have time to go in anytime soon.I'm in line with you guys and have the same thing. I have been to the ER and my gastro doc and both think it's irritable bowel. Of course that's what they call everything that they have no clue what it is. I had abdominal U/S and CT in March and an x-ray when I went to the ER in October. They said no obstructions or anything. I'm assuming the aorta is fine too, since they said everything was normal size and uneventful. It's seems like it's right where my stomach is. It's a pulsating feeling and it goes the same rhythm as my heart. It's gotten so bad now that I can't eat. I am extremely constipated although the other night I had diarrhea and MAJOR gas pains. Any ideas?? I do have GERD and am taking a new medicine that isn't helping at all.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 2, 2009
    • 01:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • so have i its begining to freak me outNo answer huh?I've been feeling the same sensation, just left of my belly button.Did you get it checked out?I have a DR appt on Thurs.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have this in the right side of my abdomen and it's everyday constantly. Don't know if I should be worried or not. It's not bothersome or painful. So I don't make a big deal of it. It feels like a baby kicking and I know I'm not pregnant. At least I think I'd know being that I have a 7 year old.
  • I have this in the right side of my abdomen and it's everyday constantly. Don't know if I should be worried or not. It's not bothersome or painful. So I don't make a big deal of it. It feels like a baby kicking and I know I'm not pregnant. At least I think I'd know being that I have a 7 year old.Folks this could be a serious condition, please get it checked. I hope its not serious.
  • Hey I know this is a long time after you have posted this question, but Im wondering if you ever went to the doctor and what did they say??? I have the same thing and am very busy with university, so I don't have time to go in anytime soon.I have the same pulsating feeling but it only seems to come when im gasy, yuck i know but true, im guessing its just gas building up ready to expell!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 10, 2010
    • 01:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you ever been diagnosed in regard to the pulsating feeling in your abdoman on the right side of your navel? Like a baby kicking? I have been to doctors, did an ultra sound an was told there is no problem with my aortic artery. I am baffled. So are they. I am 68 and thin.
  • If anyone else is worrying about this, let me put some minds to rest at least:If it was a bowel obstruction, there would be pain, abdominal distension (your tummy would get large and round) and you would have either vomiting or some form of change in your toilet habits.If it was a RUPTURED abdominal aneurysm, you would know. They hurt. A lot. This is a surgical emergency and you will need to call an ambulance. Abdominal aneurysms can also leak. This hurts less but they still hurt. If you have any unexplained abdominal pain you should go to a hospital.If you are young and thin, the pulsating sensation is in the middle and it follows your heartbeat, it is your aorta. It is normal to feel a pulse there and doctors will sometimes try to feel it in a physical examination. If you are older or smoke, it might be an aneurysm. This might not be a big deal and sometimes doctors just watch and wait. If you think you may have this, see your doctor. It will be very obvious on ultrasound or ct scan.Ps. I was reading this thread because I just noticed my abdomen pulsating. After a brief google, I have decided it's just likely to be my aorta and it's just one of those things. I am a final year medical student so I'm no expert but I do have some knowledge on what I'm talking about!
  • im having the same problem. no pain, just a pulsating feeling below my left ribcage. ive had it for a while now and i have no clue what it is. im 27 and very skinny. i also have a really bad time with anxiety. i havent seen a doc or anything. reading about this aortic aneurysm is scaring me.
    kitty_728 1 Replies
    • December 24, 2011
    • 09:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Right below my ribs on the left hand side of my body I feel a continual pulsating, no rythm like my heart but the same feeling of intensity. No pain either just annoying and wondering whether I should be worried????HiMy husband suffers from the excact thing but with him it take his breat away. He is waiting to see our doctor about this problem. Can you tell me what the doctor says this can be?
    Noemia 1 Replies
    • January 24, 2013
    • 08:15 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement