Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Light headed, pressure behind eyes, nausea

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 8, 2011
  • 05:58 AM

Hi there, I really hope someone can help me, this has been a pretty big issue because it is keeping me out of work. Sorry for the length, but please take the time to read!

So last Friday I felt fine, ws getting ready to go out for the new year and didn't want to eat much so i ate a few spoon fulls of peanut butter and jumped in the shower. When I got out of the shower I started to feel extremely light headed, dizzy, and got a weird pressure behind my eyes. I kept feeling like I was really going to pass out at any moment. I then ended up vomiting a few times. this went on for a few days until tuesday when i was at my sister's apartment and almost passed out in her kitchen. She took me to the hospital where they did blood tests, a urine test, and an ekg... nothing. They sent me home saying as little as "it's probably just a virus." I didn't buy it, can a virus really make me feel like that? If so, WHAT virus? Well wednesday i felt absolutely fine, but after eating some resse's cups last night I ended up getting violently sick again and began throwing up. I am starting to think part of it might be a peanut allergy? I've never had a problem with peanuts before though, and i eat a lot of peanut butter, I also haven't had any hives or anything like that just the puking and diarrhea also, but i get bad sick both times i eat peanut butter? Big coincidence if you ask me. That still wouldn't explain the extreme light headeness. I thought I might be pregnant but i took a home test, plus they checked me at the hospital and they were both negative. I started my period the day after i went to the hospital and it was very heavy, and my periods aren't usually like that. Maybe i had an early miscarriage? I don't really know, I'm just trying to think of all the options. I've also been getting headaches every single day without fail but i think that they are just caffeine headaches because i'm cutting way back on my caffeine intake. I am still light headed and dizzy and I just really need some answers, it's making me feel horrible. Thanks for your time.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement