Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Patches of tiny white blisters in mouth

Posted In: Mouth conditions 8 Replies
  • Posted By: spiralzoid
  • January 1, 2011
  • 01:32 AM

Hello friends, I've been googling around for a while trying to identify a problem I've had in my mouth, but I can't find anything conclusive. I have three separate patches of small white blisters, all on the inside of my lower lip. Each blister's size is the diameter of a paper clip wire or mechanical pencil lead. I attached a picture that shows one of the patches (see between my fingers).

I've read about tons of mouth conditions but nothing seems to match. Other types of mouth sores are either much bigger, don't form in patches, are swollen/bleeding, or are caused by something I know I don't have.

Fortunately my blisters aren't painful or sensitive to foods, but they mess up the texture of my mouth and I'd like them gone. The blisters are elevated, so sometimes I accidentally bite the patch while chewing, which makes it swell. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• I just realized users can't see my above attachment unless they're logged in... so I'll insert the pic directly.http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs047.snc6/167747_916723421833_8203670_46939733_5217989_n.jpg
    spiralzoid 5 Replies
    • January 1, 2011
    • 10:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs047.snc6/167747_916723421833_8203670_46939733_5217989_n.jpgHere's a link to a pic of my blisters.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 3, 2011
    • 06:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, it's spiralzoid again. I wanted to post an image of my problem directly on the page since it says nobody's looking at my "attachment".http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs047.snc6/167747_916723421833_8203670_46939733_5217989_n.jpg
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 30, 2011
    • 03:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing! Did you ever find out what was going on with you? All care, Layla.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have the same thing! Did you ever find out what was going on with you? All care, Layla.Nope not yet :( My dentist said it might be irritated "sweat glands"/fordyce, but didn't say what the cause could be or how to treat it. For me the blisters come and go day to day, often morning to night. My doctor saw it and referred me to a dermatologist. But I had to book the appointment a month in advance, and conveniently the day of the appointment the blisters weren't there. Usually I can self diagnose things with google but this issue has been surprisingly elusive... I did find one seemingly identical victim:http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/small-white-bumps-inside-lower-lip--under-tongue-and-roof-of-mouth/show/795374This guy has been tested for everything under the sun and still doesn't have an answer, so unfortunately the odds of us getting a diagnosis or treatment don't look good.
    spiralzoid 5 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yay! I finally found something that helps! Dunk a Q-tip in vinegar and rub it on the blisters. After doing that for a few seconds a few times, it seems to wear down the blisters and makes my inner lip much smoother and more tender, no longer dry and bumpy like when the blisters are there. The blisters aren't permanently gone... they still flare up periodically... But every time they come back I can wipe them out pretty easily with the vinegar. BTW I've been using apple cider vinegar, but I don't think the type would matter. It's probably the acidity of the vinegar doing the trick, so salad vinegar should give the same result.
    spiralzoid 5 Replies
    • August 16, 2011
    • 08:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • For anyone with this problem, I'd recommend taking an antibiotic and tell us on this page whether it helps or not. Surprising development... my blisters are GONE, completely. They had been driving me nuts for two years... and most recently they were out of control... flaring up once or twice every day. I found that rubbing vinegar on them helped a little, but it was still a huge nuisance, and vinegar is really bad for teeth.So anyway, one day I had to get surgery to remove my gall bladder.... and the blisters just disappeared for good. It's a mind-blowing miracle. What connection could there possibly be between the gall bladder and these blisters, I thought. The only logical explanation I can think of is that maybe the antibiotics they gave me pre-surgery wiped the blisters out. That implies that the blisters were a bacterial infection, which didn't seem likely at first. But this is the only semi-plausible explanation I can think of. I had the blisters every single day before the surgery, and in the 2 months since the surgery... nothing!
    spiralzoid 5 Replies
    • January 14, 2012
    • 02:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been reading about "toothpaste allergies" recently and a lot of oral problems actually seem to be linked to it! Who would have thought? I know! But, seriously, check it out. Here's one blog to get you going: http://allergy-diary.blogspot.com/2006/10/toothpaste-free.html
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2012
    • 11:47 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement