Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

Little to no bowel movements over 10 days?

Posted In: Digestive conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 23, 2010
  • 11:38 AM

Here are my symptoms:
Frequent urge to go to bathroom
Nothing comes out mostly/Sometimes all liquid/Sometimes pellet to 1 inch green bean size
Stomach feels full after eating like I should have a big bowel movement and then little or nothing comes out
Stomach Pains
Lots of Gas
Upper digestive tract discomfort

This been going on for over 10 days. I've eaten a lot of food over these 10 days. In a day the food I eat will be around a large bowl of Wheaties for breakfast, 2 cheeseburgers for lunch and a box and a half of macaroni and cheese for dinner. A lot of Gatorade, milk, and coke to drink and then I'll have little or no bowel movement. It's like food is going in me but not coming out. I do not feel any pain when trying to make a bowel movement, it just feels like a lot should come out but little to nothing or all liquid comes out. I've seen a gastroenteroligist before and I had acid reflux and inflammation of the stomach, that was it (one year ago). I am male 25-30.

What could I have? What should I do? Thanks for any help in advance.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Here are my symptoms:Frequent urge to go to bathroomNothing comes out mostly/Sometimes all liquid/Sometimes pellet to 1 inch green bean sizeStomach feels full after eating like I should have a big bowel movement and then little or nothing comes outStomach PainsLots of GasUpper digestive tract discomfortThis been going on for over 10 days. I've eaten a lot of food over these 10 days. In a day the food I eat will be around a large bowl of Wheaties for breakfast, 2 cheeseburgers for lunch and a box and a half of macaroni and cheese for dinner. A lot of Gatorade, milk, and coke to drink and then I'll have little or no bowel movement. It's like food is going in me but not coming out. I do not feel any pain when trying to make a bowel movement, it just feels like a lot should come out but little to nothing or all liquid comes out. I've seen a gastroenteroligist before and I had acid reflux and inflammation of the stomach, that was it (one year ago). I am male 25-30.What could I have? What should I do? Thanks for any help in advance.had something simular,stay away from lots of sugar liguids and go to biglots and buy there colon cleanse in bottel, it really works for going bathroom,good luck to u.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 10, 2011
    • 05:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Go to the hospital immediately and have them test you for a bowel obstruction. I had the same symptoms back in 2008. I was as regular as clockwork up until then. Then nothing was coming out. I could urinate but that was it. Laxatives did nothing.....went for a colonic....nothing. Also my stomach was swelling up and my breath was really bad. Had severe abdominal pain. The one hospital I went to gave me antibiotics and laxatives......nothing. Finally the pain got so bad that my wife took me to a different hospital......They checked me in and started pumping me full of pain meds. I don't remember very much of the following days. They started running all these tests and had a team of about 5 doctors trying to figure out what had happened....they thought I had everything from cancer to aids....in the mean time I continued to swell, my internal organs were beginning to fail....my heart rate went to over 200 bpm. My wife came in and saw what was going on and asked the doctor if I was in danger of having a heart attack....the doctor that was leading the team said "yes, but if he does I'll revive him" She immediately fired him and asked another doctor on the team that was pro exploratory surgery to be in charge. He thought it could be a bowel obstruction and sent me down for an ultrasound.After draining out about a quart of fluid from my abdomin, the ultrasound found a blood-clot on the portal vein feeding the small intestine. DVT.I ended up losing 17ft of small intestine to gangrene.......Im lucky to be alive.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2011
    • 02:55 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement