Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Hypothyroid/Hashimoto and bladder pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: cozynana
  • December 5, 2010
  • 02:03 PM

I have been sick most of my adult life. Less sick when I was younger and could function, just didn't feel well. Now I work 4 hours a day and need to sleep a lot. Too many symptoms to list. After I started into menopause I started have bladder pain that was subtle to currently restiricting my diet and activities. Yesterday I was prescribed natural thyroid from my chiropractor. I am having more extensive blood tests in about ten days. The doctor is looking into Hashimoto Thyroid disease. If you have Hashimoto would you please tell me your most effective treatment. Most interesting part of my blood work is that my cholesterol, triglycerides, hemoglobin A1C, are very high. If I am not mistaken that is a symptom of hypothyroid. Can any tell me if they have experienced a cure for the bladder pain using thyroid treatment? If not thyroid, how were you cured of bladder pain? I would appreciate any responses, this is wrecking my life. Actually, I don't have a life. Need to change that.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• sorry this is so brief. i can't stay awake so i'll try to remember to come back tomorrow. same symptoms. if it wasn't for my doc treating me for narcolepsy i wouldn't ever wake up anymore. i'm only 35. blood work came back showing low sodium, potassium, and bun. so low it was outside of the lowest end of the normal range. thyroid hormones were low but not alarmingly. i think it's cushings disease caused by a pituitary adenoma. my doc thinks it might be polycystic ovarian. i'm going to request bloodwork for ADH and ACTH to either confirm or deny my suspicions. sorry, i got off track...actually that's one of the worst symptoms i have is the memory loss and fogginess. i had been feeling better over the summer so i decided to go back to college full time and now i'm struggling. pretty sure i ruined my gpa with this last semester. oh well, i'm gonna figure this thing out. check into polycystic ovarian syndrome. my doc said it's a loop with hashimoto's and prolactinoma (i think). also, look into the importance of maintaining an alkaline PH inside your body. as soon as i changed my diet, my bladder pain went away.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2010
    • 00:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Surely someone has Hashimotos and is treating it. Please give me some direction. I do think there is a hormonal connection between my bladder pain and thyroid. My chiro. put me on a natural thyroid three days ago and my symptoms and my pain are 80-90% better. I was surprised, but very pleased. It is also helping with the wierd symptoms I have been having. I go to a Naturalist/chiro in ten days that specializes in Hashmotos. I can hardly wait.
    cozynana 39 Replies
    • December 6, 2010
    • 11:53 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement