Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

shoulder pain when laying down

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 22, 2010
  • 06:34 AM

I had a symptom that was really rare for what was wrong with me. I had pain in my left shoulder when I layed down on my back or front to go to sleep. I went to my doctor and was told to take pain pills. I didn't think it would work because it wasn't a pulled muscle or something broken pain. The pills didn't work and the pain persisted. The pain was it my shoulder blade area. it was a inside tissue kind of pain. This went on for several weeks. My doctors said to double up on my pain pills, that didn't work either. I searched on line for a couple of nights and finally found a articule that said I needed to see a vascular surgeon. I searched until I found a good one. I called and got a appointment for about 6 weeks later. About 1 week before my appointment my 2 fingers on my left hand turned blue. I mean they were really dark blue, it only lasted a few minutes. I called my doctor and got to see him right away. He told me I had buergers desiese. He said that for the past 20 years I had had Renolds syndrome and it had gotten worse and become buergers. I thought he was nuts. I knew my appointment was a just week away for my new doctor so I decided to wait. The day of my oppointment when I got to the doctor's office my 2 fingers turned blue again. The blueness went away about 10 minutes unfortunitly before I saw the doctor. I was seen not long after. After about three or four minutest, The doctor was telling me that I needed emergency surgery. I had almost no blood going to my hand. I had a blockage in my subclaven and I had developed steal syndrome. He admitted me right away to the hospital. The next morning I went in to surgery and he found out that I also had a blood clot in my left shoulder. I was only 47 years old this usually only happens to 70 and 80 year olds. I feel people need to know that this can happen. I have never heard of any thing like it. I had no pain except when laying down and that was no warmth or any other bloood clot symptoms. I hope that this will help someone in the future

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement