Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

shoulder pain when laying down

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 22, 2010
  • 06:34 AM

I had a symptom that was really rare for what was wrong with me. I had pain in my left shoulder when I layed down on my back or front to go to sleep. I went to my doctor and was told to take pain pills. I didn't think it would work because it wasn't a pulled muscle or something broken pain. The pills didn't work and the pain persisted. The pain was it my shoulder blade area. it was a inside tissue kind of pain. This went on for several weeks. My doctors said to double up on my pain pills, that didn't work either. I searched on line for a couple of nights and finally found a articule that said I needed to see a vascular surgeon. I searched until I found a good one. I called and got a appointment for about 6 weeks later. About 1 week before my appointment my 2 fingers on my left hand turned blue. I mean they were really dark blue, it only lasted a few minutes. I called my doctor and got to see him right away. He told me I had buergers desiese. He said that for the past 20 years I had had Renolds syndrome and it had gotten worse and become buergers. I thought he was nuts. I knew my appointment was a just week away for my new doctor so I decided to wait. The day of my oppointment when I got to the doctor's office my 2 fingers turned blue again. The blueness went away about 10 minutes unfortunitly before I saw the doctor. I was seen not long after. After about three or four minutest, The doctor was telling me that I needed emergency surgery. I had almost no blood going to my hand. I had a blockage in my subclaven and I had developed steal syndrome. He admitted me right away to the hospital. The next morning I went in to surgery and he found out that I also had a blood clot in my left shoulder. I was only 47 years old this usually only happens to 70 and 80 year olds. I feel people need to know that this can happen. I have never heard of any thing like it. I had no pain except when laying down and that was no warmth or any other bloood clot symptoms. I hope that this will help someone in the future

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement