Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

Stinging eyes and oily skin

Posted In: Eye conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: SadNick
  • October 19, 2010
  • 08:23 AM

When ever my eyes get wet, doesnt matter from what it is (even if its a warm day), my eyes start stinging. It feels as if ive got acid in them. Its been going on now for more than 10 years and Im getting sick of it.

Its effecting my driving and when it happens, I have to pull over ASAP and if I get teary (crying etc) that also causes them to start stinging.

What I think is going in, is that when my eyes get watery, it mixes with the oil around my eyes and its the oil that is causing them to hurt so much. The reason I believe this is that if my eyes get wet after I have a shower, they dont hurt at all but after a while when my skin gets oily, they start to hurt and I have to avoid any kind of moisture.

Has anyone else with very oily skin got this same problem?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• When ever my eyes get wet, doesnt matter from what it is (even if its a warm day), my eyes start stinging. It feels as if ive got acid in them. Its been going on now for more than 10 years and Im getting sick of it.Its effecting my driving and when it happens, I have to pull over ASAP and if I get teary (crying etc) that also causes them to start stinging. What I think is going in, is that when my eyes get watery, it mixes with the oil around my eyes and its the oil that is causing them to hurt so much. The reason I believe this is that if my eyes get wet after I have a shower, they dont hurt at all but after a while when my skin gets oily, they start to hurt and I have to avoid any kind of moisture.Has anyone else with very oily skin got this same problem?My mom has this same problem. Do you wear make-up? I recommend to try going without it for at least a week and see if that helps. Wash your face regularly, and blink often. I know this advice isn't much, but that's all I have.Kerry
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 27, 2010
    • 03:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • 10 years?! Have you visited a doctor? In case you haven't, visit one asap! It sounds serious.
    jimmycolleen 9 Replies
    • November 1, 2010
    • 00:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • 10 years?! Have you visited a doctor? In case you haven't, visit one asap! It sounds serious.Multiple times. The eye doc said there isnt anything wrong with my eyes apart from the random flashes caused by vitreous detatchment.I want to see a dermatoligist so they can check if the skin around my eyes is causing the stinging.
    SadNick 1 Replies
    • November 3, 2010
    • 02:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • There is nothing wrong with your eyes. I have the same problem. YOu have very, and I mean VERY oily skin, and by the end of the day the oil creeps into your eye fluids. I carry these eye wipes (you can get them at the drug store) and they are soothing, and they wipe the oil away and the stinging stops. However, you can just go in the bathroom and rinse your face with warm water, and the problem goes away for a while. When your face it oil free, like after a shower, you have no stinging. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 8, 2010
    • 10:36 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement