Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Sharp pain in my right side of chest

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 13, 2010
  • 00:27 AM

Hello. I would register but I'm currently at work so this would be faster. Anyways, last night around 7 pm I started having a sharp pain in the right side of my chest. I didn't get hit there or any blunt force trauma. At most, I rode my bike to the store for some water and used my bookbag to carry it home. It was fairly heavy.

It isn't constant but when I left or stretch out my right arm, twist to either side, stretch, run, bend down, or take a very deep breathe I have a sharp pain. The pain level varies to what extent I do the action. The more I twist to one side, the more it hurts for example.

I have never had this pain before. I am a 25 year old male whose job keeps me fairly active throughoutthe day but I do not exercise on a weekly basis. To make matters more problematic, I reside in Japan. I have alerted my supervisers about my condition.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not freaking out about it but I know chest pains are not a laughing matter.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm not sure if we're two bird's of a feather. I'm a female, 21. I've been having this problem for years, but it has not gotten better, perhaps worse. Therefore, I can only give you suppositions as to what it COULD be, considering the fact you have not taken the chance to really study your quandary. It may be fluid around the heart- excessive fluid, mind you. Some is necessary to keep your heart from friction and early wear and tear. This condition of excess is known as Pericardial Effusion. It can be caused by a coulple things. Of course, this is a small possible, since there is little to go on. It could even be some kind of murmur, palpitation or so on. It may not even be the heart, but something near or around it. For example, it could be congestive heart failure, but that is fluid built up in the lungs that causes pressure on the heart. Don't get scared, though, okay? You probably actually don't have this, though you may want to catalog anything you feel or notice in detail. Ex. when you stretch where you put your arms out or on your hips and swist side to side, is air forced out of your lungs? Can you hear it and do you have no control over it? When you stretch your arm (one and then the other) up and bend to your left or right (before and after excercise) do you get those painful twinges in your heart, and where? does it feel different than when you______? You need to be scientific about this. Do you sometimes feel the pain even when you lay on your side (either or both)?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement