Discussions By Condition: Digestive conditions

Gnawing Hunger Pangs!

Posted In: Digestive conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Trooper
  • January 17, 2007
  • 06:04 AM

Three years ago I saw my doctor for stomach discomfort, not a pain, not a burning sensation, but overwhelming hunger pangs that are only subdued by eating. H pylori negative, no blood in the stool, no vomiting, occasional nausea. Protonix gives me 50 -75% relief, the rest of the time I eat like crazy to get rid of the discomfort, so much so that I've gained 20 pounds. The doctor believes it's a duodenal ulcer but I get the feeling the doctors don't take me seriously unless I have blood in my stool or vomit, which I don't. I passed on having the scope exam because of the risk of perforation and signing my rights away with a waiver. They seem to be reluctant to do the safe, oldfashioned upper GI. Anyway, after looking at this site it seems I have seen every symptom of an ulcer represented here EXCEPT the gnawing hunger pangs that I experience. After 3 years, could this be a psychological problem? These gnawing hunger pangs are so powerful that it would make it virtually impossible to go on a diet to shed some of this weight I've gained. Has anyone here experienced this symptom in the absence of any other symptoms that has an ulcer?

DV

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement