Discussions By Condition: Finger conditions

Sharp Stabbing pain in my Middle Finger!

Posted In: Finger conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • September 27, 2010
  • 11:36 PM

This one is weird, I was watching TV and then a stabbing pain in my middle finger appeared. It hurts when I start typing, or when I just keep it still it sends little 'shocks' of pain up my finger. When i bend it a little bit, It feels like there is little or no pain.

The pain is located just under my finger nail, all the way down untill about half way down my finger.

Any help would be GRATEFUL!

Thanks in advance

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• This one is weird, I was watching TV and then a stabbing pain in my middle finger appeared. It hurts when I start typing, or when I just keep it still it sends little 'shocks' of pain up my finger. When i bend it a little bit, It feels like there is little or no pain.The pain is located just under my finger nail, all the way down untill about half way down my finger.Any help would be GRATEFUL! Thanks in advanceThis sounds like it could be a glomus tumor - a rare, usually benign (non-cancerous) tumor, made up of nerve cells, the reason for the intense pain. Usually there is a triad of symptoms: tenderness to touch, cold brings on the pain, and intermittent stabbing pain, which can be excruciating. Treatment - surgical excision of tumor is only treatment. Make sure you go to a plastic hand surgeon, not an orthopedic surgeon (should be covered by insurance). Pain relief is immediate after surgery. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 29, 2010
    • 06:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I've been getting sudden bouts of pain on my right midde finger. It isn't often at all that I get this pain, but it certainly isn't the first time. It is paiinful to the touch and it is right on the end of my finger (not the fingertip, but the very end of the finger). The pain usually lasts 1 hour to a couple of days. There is pain under the fingernails at the peak of it all. It is a dull sort of pain. Often my wrists crack (like how some like to crack their fingers) but I don't do it on purpose. Only when I try to rotate my wrists, they crack, is it related to it? I've read it could be glomus tumour, but I don't have the discoloration nor the abnormal ridging on my nails. I've also noticed it feels quite warm. It isn't an infection I don't think because I have not injured it, and it came on quite acutely.
    blueserenity 1 Replies
    • January 13, 2012
    • 11:15 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement