Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Fever, joint pain, chills, body aches...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: kris0597
  • September 17, 2010
  • 07:29 PM

Hi-I am hoping someone reads this and can help me because not one doctor has been able to. For many years (at least 15) I have been have reoccuring symptoms that can not be explained. It starts off as a general body ache, then I have pain in one part of my body (usually my knee or ankle), today it's the side of my leg. The pain gets so bad sometimes, I can't move. Then the fever starts to rise. I have had it go up to 104 when I decided to go the to the ER. Usually I start to feel bad in the evening and it gets worse during the night. It could be 90 degrees out and I am covered with a down comforter shaking and shivering, not able to move because any breeze makes me colder. If a particular atttack gets really bad, I take advil. The fever starts to come down and I am covered in sweat. Usually I lose my appetite as well.
I have been to many doctors, none of which can find anything wrong with me. An infectious disease wanted to treat me for Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF), but I didn't have the abdominal pain, so I couldn't justify taking that medicine, it seemed like he just gave up on me. I have also seen a rheumatologist, who didn't find anything. The attacks happen a couple of times a year and last for a few days (intermittent periods of feeling okay).

If anyone has heard of anything like this, please let me know. It is now affecting my child as I can't manage to take care of him when these attacks happen. Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement