Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Hyperthyroid symptoms with normal levels

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: PeptoLG
  • August 12, 2010
  • 02:04 PM

I am 28/F/5'9"/163 lbs.
I have been having symptoms of hyperthyroidism: heart palpitations in my abdomen/neck/legs, fatigue in leg muscles after normal activity, minor muscle cramps in abdomen, overall fatigue after normal activity, frequent bowel movements, anxiety. I went to the doctor on Monday and had a blood test, and the thyroid levels came back normal at 1.8. He also checked my BP and listened to my heart and he said everything is normal (pulse is also normal). However, I am still having palpitations throughout my body and have muscle fatigue in my legs after normal activity. What can be causing these symptoms? The palpitations are not flutters but rather strong pulsations that coincide with my heartbeat and feel almost like a vibration – it sometimes feels like its moving parts of my body and it has even woke me up at night. And the muscle fatigue – I just walked up the stairs from the train station (routine every weekday), and my leg muscles felt tired and had a slight burning like I had been exercising too long. I have also felt slightly warmer and harder to tolerate heat in the last few days even though my temp is normal. These symptoms started last Thursday (8/5) and have not gone away, although some days/nights are better than others. I had an upper GI scope in March which discovered a small hiatal hernia. I do get reflux and occasional heartburn, but nothing severe. I eat healthy and drink lots of water. I don't smoke and drink only occasionally. Any suggestions?? :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement