Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Hyperthyroid symptoms with normal levels

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: PeptoLG
  • August 12, 2010
  • 02:04 PM

I am 28/F/5'9"/163 lbs.
I have been having symptoms of hyperthyroidism: heart palpitations in my abdomen/neck/legs, fatigue in leg muscles after normal activity, minor muscle cramps in abdomen, overall fatigue after normal activity, frequent bowel movements, anxiety. I went to the doctor on Monday and had a blood test, and the thyroid levels came back normal at 1.8. He also checked my BP and listened to my heart and he said everything is normal (pulse is also normal). However, I am still having palpitations throughout my body and have muscle fatigue in my legs after normal activity. What can be causing these symptoms? The palpitations are not flutters but rather strong pulsations that coincide with my heartbeat and feel almost like a vibration – it sometimes feels like its moving parts of my body and it has even woke me up at night. And the muscle fatigue – I just walked up the stairs from the train station (routine every weekday), and my leg muscles felt tired and had a slight burning like I had been exercising too long. I have also felt slightly warmer and harder to tolerate heat in the last few days even though my temp is normal. These symptoms started last Thursday (8/5) and have not gone away, although some days/nights are better than others. I had an upper GI scope in March which discovered a small hiatal hernia. I do get reflux and occasional heartburn, but nothing severe. I eat healthy and drink lots of water. I don't smoke and drink only occasionally. Any suggestions?? :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• HI i to have Hyperthyroid -and going by your symptoms you only have a few things wrong i am on border line and have so many other pains and odd things wrong.depression been the main thing that gets me down. i am on eltrox 0.1mg it does seem to make a little diffrence.but not much i am hoping the doctor will up the dosage the next time i see him.ask you doctor to give you medication .and see how you feel
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2010
    • 07:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Update: The last few days I have developed a pressure headache in my temples, back of the neck, and jaw area. It usually appears later in the afternoon. This morning I woke up early with a sharp pain in my left side near my heart and my legs felt almost numb and had a slight burning sensation. My left arm was also tingly, but the sensations subsided when I repositioned myself. I am now wearing a 24-hr holter monitor to see if there is something wrong with my heart. I'll get results mid-week...
    PeptoLG 3 Replies
    • August 14, 2010
    • 05:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 28/F/5'9"/163 lbs.I have been having symptoms of hyperthyroidism: heart palpitations in my abdomen/neck/legs, fatigue in leg muscles after normal activity, minor muscle cramps in abdomen, overall fatigue after normal activity, frequent bowel movements, anxiety. I went to the doctor on Monday and had a blood test, and the thyroid levels came back normal at 1.8. He also checked my BP and listened to my heart and he said everything is normal (pulse is also normal). However, I am still having palpitations throughout my body and have muscle fatigue in my legs after normal activity. What can be causing these symptoms? The palpitations are not flutters but rather strong pulsations that coincide with my heartbeat and feel almost like a vibration – it sometimes feels like its moving parts of my body and it has even woke me up at night. And the muscle fatigue – I just walked up the stairs from the train station (routine every weekday), and my leg muscles felt tired and had a slight burning like I had been exercising too long. I have also felt slightly warmer and harder to tolerate heat in the last few days even though my temp is normal. These symptoms started last Thursday (8/5) and have not gone away, although some days/nights are better than others. I had an upper GI scope in March which discovered a small hiatal hernia. I do get reflux and occasional heartburn, but nothing severe. I eat healthy and drink lots of water. I don't smoke and drink only occasionally. Any suggestions?? :confused: I'm out of time, but did you check FREE t3? TSH does not show thyroid problems for years. See ithyroid.com and stopthethyropidmadness.com
    madanthony 1,087 Replies
    • August 17, 2010
    • 00:59 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm out of time, but did you check FREE t3? TSH does not show thyroid problems for years. See ithyroid.com and stopthethyropidmadness.com Blood test checked T3 & they said if there was a problem it would show up...no need to check for antibodies. If its not thyroid or heart, I'm wondering if it could be my adrenal glands or hormone imbalance.
    PeptoLG 3 Replies
    • August 17, 2010
    • 02:27 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm out of time, but did you check FREE t3? TSH does not show thyroid problems for years. See ithyroid.com and stopthethyropidmadness.com Blood test checked T3, and it was normal. I asked if they should check antibodies and they said only if the T3 level was abnormal do they need to check antibodies. If its not my heart and not thyroid, then I'm wondering if it could be the adrenal glands or a hormone imbalance. Overall, I am feeling better and palpitation intensity has decreased. I took Yaz birth control for about 2 years and just stopped taking it last Tuesday. I did get my period on Saturday, so maybe it is hormones.
    PeptoLG 3 Replies
    • August 17, 2010
    • 02:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Blood test checked T3, and it was normal. I asked if they should check antibodies and they said only if the T3 level was abnormal do they need to check antibodies. If its not my heart and not thyroid, then I'm wondering if it could be the adrenal glands or a hormone imbalance. Overall, I am feeling better and palpitation intensity has decreased. I took Yaz birth control for about 2 years and just stopped taking it last Tuesday. I did get my period on Saturday, so maybe it is hormones.hello peptoi also sometimes have symptoms of hyperthyroid like tachycardia,weakness,nausea and panic...in my case they come in kind of attaks and sometimes i have to eat around the clock to don`t pass away with the cardiac and to also get the other things better.doctors also said it isn`t my thyroid because of normal values.but i think that maybe i am on developing hyperthyroid,because i have milder troubles with panic disorder and eating more also in general.i hope you find your right diagnosis soon,the best would be to visit a good endocrinologist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2010
    • 09:23 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement