Discussions By Condition: Foot conditions

pain and numbness in arch

Posted In: Foot conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: kepn11
  • August 10, 2010
  • 04:34 PM

I am a 20 year old female, and not overweight. I do have knee problems, though, and a valgus knee deformity. I have had pain in the arch of my left foot for 3 weeks now. It is often a throbbing pain, but sometimes a continuous sharp ache as well. The pain is least in the morning, and much worse in the afternoon and night. The pain is mostly located in the center of the arch. Sometimes when I am walking, I have a sudden sharp pulling pain in my foot. The arch also seems lower compared to the other foot. What is worrying me, though, is that I also often have numbness in the foot. The numbness is in the arch area as well as the middle top of the foot. The area is painful to push on and also sensitive to any pressure on the inside of the ankle. My mother had plantar fasciitis so I know that the pain with that is worse when you first get up and start walking, which is not the case with me. I am seeing my OS that I have seen for my knees in 15 days, but I would really appreciate an opinion before then so I know what to expect going into the appointment and what questions I should ask him. Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement