Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

molluscum contagiosum treatment

Posted In: Skin conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 3, 2010
  • 04:40 PM

hi there,

I have had molluscum for about 8 months, I went to a walk in clinic and was told it was only pimples and I should wash more often. At this time I had 3 at the base of my penis and one on my scrotum. I am an adolescent and from reading many posts and virtually all I can find out about molluscum on the internet, I have found a good cure; at least for me.

First, I bought Apple Cider Vinegar and covered my entire genital area with it using gauze pads and slept with that, I took it off upon waking up. I also drank about half an oz twice a day. I did this for 2 days. The molluscum began to look very irritated, and more red bumps showed up as if the molluscum was appearing from being buried under my skin.

At this point I had stopped using Apple Cider Vinegar, as I had read how molluscum is related to the pox virus and illudes the immune system, so anti virals are helpful for this.(Partly I stopped using apple cider vinegar because I was unsure of how long to use it for safely, and partly because i got sick of having bandages on my genitals and smelling like vinegar) Diet is a big part there are many foods and liquids that have antiviral properties. I consumed as many of these as possible, and went to a healthfood store and bought oil of oregano, this is also an anti-viral. The small vile of oil of oregano I purchased cost about 15$, the directions for use are on the bottle. I took 1-5 drops under the tongue 2-3 times a day, and mixed a few drops with olive oil in a cup, mixed well and used a q-tip to apply to all MC bumps. I also applied this 2-3 times a day.

Today is the one week day of when I first began using apple cider vinegar. I currently have minor redness of the skin where the largest MC bumps were, one MC which is irritated on the base of my shaft, one irritated MC on my scrotum and a few that have surfaced on my inner thighs that are already irritated. I continue the internal ingestion of oil of oregano. 1-2 times a day and application 2-3 times a day.

There is no pain in any of this. it cost me about 20$ for the apple cider vinegar and oil of oregano. Molluscum is very frustrating and this has been a blessing for me.

After realizing that the bumps I had originally were spreading, I knew they were not pimples and went to a different walk-in clinic and was diagnosed properly. I have been treated about 7 times by 7 seperate nurses applying the liquid nitrogen treatment. I asked all 7 about MC and was given 7 different answers. I found the liquid nitrogen treatment to kill the MC it was applied on, but the ones that were hidden or missed obviously continued to spread and grow. At this point the treatment was unsuitable for me.

The Apple Cider Vinegar and Oil of Oregano draws the virus out and kills it, even from the ones unseen as long as it is applied to all skin that may be infected. Keep in mind, I have had symptoms for 8 months and have no clue how long I had it before the symptoms showed up. The molluscum had seriously spread on me. I believe if caught early the liquid nitrogen treatment is very suitable and effective. I`m not a doctor, nor do I have any medical training, I am only passing on information I found to be helpful in my own personal situation.

I hope all who need this information find it easily and this is helpful. I have found it very difficult to find proper helpful information. This forum has been one of the best helps, Thank you all.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• hi there,I have had molluscum for about 8 months, I went to a walk in clinic and was told it was only pimples and I should wash more often. At this time I had 3 at the base of my penis and one on my scrotum. I am an adolescent and from reading many posts and virtually all I can find out about molluscum on the internet, I have found a good cure; at least for me. First, I bought Apple Cider Vinegar and covered my entire genital area with it using gauze pads and slept with that, I took it off upon waking up. I also drank about half an oz twice a day. I did this for 2 days. The molluscum began to look very irritated, and more red bumps showed up as if the molluscum was appearing from being buried under my skin. At this point I had stopped using Apple Cider Vinegar, as I had read how molluscum is related to the pox virus and illudes the immune system, so anti virals are helpful for this.(Partly I stopped using apple cider vinegar because I was unsure of how long to use it for safely, and partly because i got sick of having bandages on my genitals and smelling like vinegar) Diet is a big part there are many foods and liquids that have antiviral properties. I consumed as many of these as possible, and went to a healthfood store and bought oil of oregano, this is also an anti-viral. The small vile of oil of oregano I purchased cost about 15$, the directions for use are on the bottle. I took 1-5 drops under the tongue 2-3 times a day, and mixed a few drops with olive oil in a cup, mixed well and used a q-tip to apply to all MC bumps. I also applied this 2-3 times a day. Today is the one week day of when I first began using apple cider vinegar. I currently have minor redness of the skin where the largest MC bumps were, one MC which is irritated on the base of my shaft, one irritated MC on my scrotum and a few that have surfaced on my inner thighs that are already irritated. I continue the internal ingestion of oil of oregano. 1-2 times a day and application 2-3 times a day.There is no pain in any of this. it cost me about 20$ for the apple cider vinegar and oil of oregano. Molluscum is very frustrating and this has been a blessing for me. After realizing that the bumps I had originally were spreading, I knew they were not pimples and went to a different walk-in clinic and was diagnosed properly. I have been treated about 7 times by 7 seperate nurses applying the liquid nitrogen treatment. I asked all 7 about MC and was given 7 different answers. I found the liquid nitrogen treatment to kill the MC it was applied on, but the ones that were hidden or missed obviously continued to spread and grow. At this point the treatment was unsuitable for me. The Apple Cider Vinegar and Oil of Oregano draws the virus out and kills it, even from the ones unseen as long as it is applied to all skin that may be infected. Keep in mind, I have had symptoms for 8 months and have no clue how long I had it before the symptoms showed up. The molluscum had seriously spread on me. I believe if caught early the liquid nitrogen treatment is very suitable and effective. I`m not a doctor, nor do I have any medical training, I am only passing on information I found to be helpful in my own personal situation.I hope all who need this information find it easily and this is helpful. I have found it very difficult to find proper helpful information. This forum has been one of the best helps, Thank you all.So Do you still do the apple cider vinegar thing at night and do the oil of oregano with olive oil with the q-tip 3 times the day? How long have you been doing it, and has it made any of them go away yet???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2010
    • 06:49 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement