Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Please Help - My son has very sore pain inside anus and suffered bad 'cellulitus' inf

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: jfowler
  • August 2, 2010
  • 09:10 PM

Around 18 months ago, my 9 year old son informed me that he had a sore **m. I had a look and he had a red patch on his buttock, which gradually spread around from his buttock, to his scrotum and up to his stomach. This was a very bad swelling and he spent 6 days in hospital on IV antibiotics which eventually cleared up the infection. Many surgeons came to look at my son but no cause was indentified and Cellulitis was diagnosed.
Prior to this episode my son would suffer from a very painful anus occasionally, maybe 3 times a year he would be crying and in a lot of pain.
Around 7 weeks ago, the exact same infection occured and followed the same pattern as the previous. Swelling in the exact same areas and after hospitalisation and antibioctics the swelling cleared up.
Yet again many surgeons came to look at my son however, no cause was indentified.
Some surgeons have said that the symptoms are very similar to that of an abcess however, they do not think it is an abcess as when they touch the area they would expet my son to be in severe pain. They also performed an ultrasound on the scrotum however the uerologist does not think the scrotum is the source.
They have referred my son to go to Yorkill Childrens hospital for further investigation and to get a scope to see inside the anus. I have not yet received a date from Yorkhill of when he can attend.
Since this last episode the painful anus episodes are becomming more frequent. It started twice a week, however it is now increased to almost every night. This is not mild discomfort, this is a child who normally does not cry much, really crying hard and I know that he must be in a lot of pain by his reaction.
Apart from this my son is in good health, very active and a keen footballer.
My son's mother suffers from Chroins disease so bowel problems are in the family.
I am really worried about this due to the pain he is in. This pain seems to come and go but it is at it's worse late in the evening. I would be very grateful if anyone could provide any guidance or info on this.
Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement