Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Head Pressure, Shortness of Beath, Tingling in face arms and legs, Chills down legs

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: MDClarkson
  • August 2, 2010
  • 08:04 PM

Anyone have these similar symptoms and have a successful diagnosis? Been dealing with these problems for this entire year (some symptoms even longer - specifically the breathing problems).

The two main problems have been:

Shortness of breath (not all of the time, but it's been on and off for about two years)

Head pressure in the left side of my head (this has been everyday, but with varying degrees of severity. On my most severe days, I can barely focus enough to read my emails.)

I also have tingling sensations in my face, arms and legs. Chills that shoot down my entire body.

I've had long term muscle (and weight) loss. This has continued despite working out on a very frequent basis.

I am constipated most of the time so I take a lot of fiber. However, sometimes, I have diarrhea for no apparent reason. The constipation, though, could be from the water pill I'm prescribed for high blood pressure.

I'm frequently fatigued. This is atypical of me. Usually I have a lot of energy and I have a high sense of drive and purpose.

An MRI I had a few weeks ago showed nothing, completely clean. Blood tests showed a slightly low Vitamin B12 (which doesn't make much sense because I eat white meat pretty much every day) and slightly elevated muscle enzyme levels - I have know idea what that can mean but my neurologist thinks it's nothing.

Everyone think it's stress but my stress level has been lower recently than it was two to three years ago. Work has been good and my relationship has been strong with the exception of this continuing health issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement