Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

serious heart problems?

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 0 Replies
  • Posted By: DespisedIcon
  • July 21, 2010
  • 08:08 PM

a month or so back i was bit by a tick on an army excercise 3 weeks later i went to the hospital (i didn't know i was bit until i found the bullseye mark) i had all symptoms of lyme disease. i spent a day or 2 at the hospital, after being treated and having my blood tested i was good to leave. after 10 days of pills i started feeling better, so i started running again, and going back to the gym.

before i get into this i love working out and i love running and eating healthy.

i started taking a supplement called "NO-Explode" A nitric oxide/caffeine/creatine supplement. Used for a pre workout boost and a good one at that. I was running and taking 3 scoops of it almost every day for about 2 months. I was clearly putting my heart under stress + emotional stress and not sleeping i guess it was a reciepe for disaster.
about 2 weeks after the medication i started to realize a heavy chest and upper stomach discomfort, i try to run and the first 5 second my heart rate jumps up and it starts pounding. I decided to stop taking NO-Explode a while ago when one night i was trying to sleep and my heart was acting up i tried to sleep couldn't then my heart pounded hard once, BAM and then i started getting worried, i sat up and tried to relax. I got warm sweaty then cold, i was getting droopy shoulders and certain muscles in my army and lower back were twitching..i was serious freaked out i thought i was going to have a heart attack at 21...its been a while since i've worked out, ran or taken supplement, im avoiding all caffeinated drinks.

a few days ago i spent another 12 hours in the hospital, i went in to get checked, they did an ECG/EKG and it was normal BUT didn't do a stress test...i was also given a x-ray on the lungs, which was also good. she says she thinks im too stressed or worried..but even then i think it's something else that needs to be treated before too late. I was worried of maybe 2nd stage lyme disease the doctor said no and didnt even bother giving me blood tests. the army is now forcing me to go back again, get blood tests done and figure out whats really going on.

IF ANYONE has any advice, info or anything i mean anything to help me out it'd be greatly appreciative.:(

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement