Discussions By Condition: Allergies

swollen ,itchy,painful eyelids and itchy body rash

Posted In: Allergies 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 14, 2007
  • 08:17 AM

Hi I am a 44 yr. old woman & this is the first time i have ever posted anything like this but i thought i would try. About 8 or 9 weeks ago i noticed my eyelids statrd itching it got progressively worse and now almost 2 months later they still itch intensely and 2 days ago i had the sensations of like a sunburn under my eyes. I wake up every morning with them swollen it tends to go down during the day but waking up they are swollen all around my eyes especially my eyelid area I then noticed a mikd rash on the lids and under my eyes and the itching and pain is still there. Yesterday i developed a rash on my stomach, tailbone area .my lower back,around on my abdomin and down my thighs behind my calfs and and today it was on the inside of my arm where it bends. This rash itches continuously and intensely enough to make me a nervous wreck right now.Also the rash is red with different size bumps from fine to bigger in size with a patch of them on the front part of my hip and behind my knees.
I hope this dosent sound like Im whineing, but it is very uncomfortable and makes me irritable.And it seems to get worse each day.
I dont have insurance and my parents cant afford to take me to the doctor. they dont seem to think its anything but an "allergy".

I thought it might be just allergies either to soaps or detergents at first but for the last week or more I have been taking benedryl at night and i even tried to take one this afternoon because thr itching is maddening. Just the brushing of loose clothes can start the itch and it was so bad on my thighs they almost feel bruised from scratching .

I also tried an anti itch gel (like a benedryl gel and w/ my skin bieng so sensituve it started burning me so i washed it off immediately, luckily i didnt put it all over yet.

I do have like achey muscles today which i just started feeling. I would apprectiate any kind of response if anyone ha sever gad these similar symptons. Sorry this is so long.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement