Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Red small spots under the eyes????

Posted In: Skin conditions 47 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 13, 2007
  • 01:10 PM

yesterday before i went to bed i wash washing my face (with water) and i suddenly noticed about 15 to 20 little spots under each eye curving with the shape of the eye, normally where you would get bags under your eyes. i have never had this before but i woundered if anyone knew what it was about or ment?

Reply Flag this Discussion

47 Replies:

• o yer there is no pain or anything, and i do get occiasonal spots but no where near enough to have ache, i am 18 btw
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2007
    • 01:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If you have been crying or vomiting it can cause small blood vessels under the eye to break. They usually go away in 24 hours.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 22, 2007
    • 03:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • that happens to me after i vomit, it should go away in a couple hours
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 6, 2007
    • 06:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi,yesterday i was looking in the mirror and i had small reddish spots under my eye then the next day they were all around my eye. like small blood vessells i had been crying (because my leg got caught in a bunkbed and i was hanging upside down) but today it got worsei am 10 btw
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 30, 2008
    • 06:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It's because you've been hanging upside down. When you hang upside down it causes the blood to rush to your head making some of your blood vessels strain especially under your eyes, it generally goes away after three days, it's quite normal and nothing to worry about. My little brother hangs upside down all the time and has red tiny dots under his eyes and a dermatologist said it was normal since he hung upside down.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2008
    • 09:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Yeah, it can be caused from crying alot.I just had the same problem, but they went away.:D
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 23, 2009
    • 01:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I was happy to find this post, as I got the same type of little red dots under my eyes after doing a "hot yoga" session yesterday. This has never happened to be before in years of doing traditional yoga, so I thought it was possibly because of the heat. We spent much of the class upside down so that's probably it - thanks!
    johnsonjenj 1 Replies
    • February 9, 2009
    • 08:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • These posts have all made me feel a little more relaxed, thankfully. I'm 23 & had a big night of drinking last night, waking up to find redness, almost like a rash but not itchy or painful, all around my eyes & forehead. This doesn't usually happen after I've been drinking, but I did spend most of the night vomiting, unfortunately. Hopefully it goes away asap, I think it'll be a while before I drink anything again!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 19, 2009
    • 02:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • yea i was at work n these kids wanted me 2 do a hanstand so i did it 4 a while n my head rushed with blood so yea 4 me its cuz of being upside down
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • FUNNY YOU MENTION HOT YOGA - AS i HAVE HAD SEVERAL DRY AREAS OF SKIN (PARTICULARLY UNDER MY EYES) SINCE STARTING HOT BIKRAM YOGA...I THOUGHT IT WAS THE HEAT, BUT NOW YOU MENTION BEING UPSIDE DOWN A LOT IT COULD BE THAT. i AM HOPING ITS ALL THE BAD TOXINS BEING RELEASED AND MY SKIN WILL SOON BE FLAWLESS
  • thanks for this thread. i worried it was something more serious than just from vomiting or crying
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I was sick Sunday and threw up quite a bit and after noticed red dots under my eyes. This had never happened to me. I figured it had to be broken blood vessels from throwing up. I also thought it was b/c I was getting older (i'm 31).I got online to check and it's comforting that this happens to others as well. It's the next day now and they are still there. Sure they will go away soon.
  • lol i was just cryin a few hours ago and my cousin goes to me y do u hav all these red spots under your eyes, i ignored her and did check my face.After a while i went upstairs and i was looking in the mirror while i saw all these little red spots under my eyes and they will also reach on my nose a little bit.Although they dont hurt me or itch. so i hope they go away
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 26, 2009
    • 03:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • my son just got hit in the groin and was rolling on the floor crying and after the dust settled (ie: crying stopped, other brother reprimanded!) he had tiny red spots under his eyes...good to know it was the crying.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2009
    • 06:10 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I woke up this morning with little red dots encircling the thin skin around both eyes. I spent a couple of hours the night before vomiting (I'm pregnant and what I ate for tea didn't agree with me).I intuitively put it down to the burst vessels due to the vomiting. Blood rushing to the face etc. I can see from these post that it is the most likely explaination.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2009
    • 02:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I actually am having the same problem but i haven't cried or vomited...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 12, 2009
    • 00:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I used to get red spots under my eyes when I was pregnant and vomiting lots ... now my daughter has the flu and has the same red spots all over her cheeks which I'm wondering if anyone else has seen before?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2009
    • 08:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • These posts have all made me feel a little more relaxed, thankfully. I'm 23 & had a big night of drinking last night, waking up to find redness, almost like a rash but not itchy or painful, all around my eyes & forehead. This doesn't usually happen after I've been drinking, but I did spend most of the night vomiting, unfortunately. Hopefully it goes away asap, I think it'll be a while before I drink anything again!yes i have the same thing right now after a night of drinking and vomiting...i hope they go away
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 15, 2010
    • 11:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • yes i have the same thing right now after a night of drinking and vomiting...i hope they go awayI have exactly the same thing because i am 22 got wasted last night and vomited for the first time in ages. I have never had it before but i have a dense spotty rash in between my eyes and nose, under my eyes and on my forehead. I was just wandering if either of you have managed to get rid of them yet??? i am worried because i have a job interview friday and they need to be gone by then.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 17, 2010
    • 05:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • yesterday before i went to bed i wash washing my face (with water) and i suddenly noticed about 15 to 20 little spots under each eye curving with the shape of the eye, normally where you would get bags under your eyes. i have never had this before but i woundered if anyone knew what it was about or ment?its ring worm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2010
    • 10:15 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement