Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Knees burn like they are on fire

Posted In: Medical Stories 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Linda Godwin
  • January 13, 2007
  • 03:54 AM

Hello to all,Hope someone can help,I have been to every Medicial Doctor in my Area Wilson NC and can't get any help.No one seems to know what is wrong,I have severe burning pain in both knee caps 24 hrs a day.I have been tested for Arthiritis,had a nerve conduction study,bone scan,MRI's and still no Diagnosis.My Medicial Dr.gives me Vicodin to take for the pain but it doesn't hardly touch the pain.Anyone having this problem.HELP!!!:(

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Hello to all,Hope someone can help,I have been to every Medicial Doctor in my Area Wilson NC and can't get any help.No one seems to know what is wrong,I have severe burning pain in both knee caps 24 hrs a day.I have been tested for Arthiritis,had a nerve conduction study,bone scan,MRI's and still no Diagnosis.My Medicial Dr.gives me Vicodin to take for the pain but it doesn't hardly touch the pain.Anyone having this problem.HELP!!!:(Check your diet for Vitamin B deficiency.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2007
    • 06:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Test for Lyme? Are you overweight? Is there swelling? Try acupuncture and see if it helps. To find an acupuncturist near you please visit www.acufinder.com and type in your zip code. Best of luck,Doctor of Oriental Medicine
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • January 14, 2007
    • 03:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Linda, I believe I may have the exact same problem you are experiencing. The burning pain I experience affects multiple joints. The knees are the most pronounced followed by ankles. Both knees are identical in terms of pain. And both ankles are identical. The burning pain has progressed over the last 6 years. I started noticing it initially after playing sports and would go away with lack of activity. It now has reached a point where the pain is significant and persists 24 hours a day. The intensity increases during and after activity. I currently am not taking any drugs but don't know how much longer I can hold out without going down that road. I would like to hear more about your condition and what you may have tried to address the problem. Please email me: me6245ne@yahoo.comthanks
    me6245ne 1 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 01:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • have you tried those magnetic soles? my husband is having the same problem with his knwees feeling as if they are on fire. Trying to find a solution, We do not have health ins. I was just wondering if you found solution? Thank you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2008
    • 02:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same issue and attribute it to a few things.1st LACK of proper warm and form when exercising.2nd supporting legs with feet. DO NOT Cantilever the legs for relaxation3rd. Flat Shoes without any shock absorption4th. age and dietTo resolve... I began with strengthening. a slower strong concentrated spinning on a bicycle. try to keep the legs rotating as straight as possiblecalcium is key along with the right minerals and vitamins but try to get the right nutrition from foods. not pill popping or mega protien diets... you want longevity.the pear above the knee cap along with believe it or not ...hamstrings and butt help aleviate strain on the "no muscle" joint the knee.good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hello my name is cody and i fell on my knee really hard and ever since then when you touch a certain part around the knee cap it burns really bad can anyone tell me whats wrong with me
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement