Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Throbbing pain, tingling sensation, fatigue, chronic cough.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 12 Replies
  • Posted By: AndreZero
  • June 23, 2010
  • 02:50 AM

I am now 30 years old and have been suffering without a diagnosis for the past 9 years.
My symptoms consist of a constant pulsating pain on both of my arms, hands, and legs (I guess sometimes referred as a tingling sensation). Most of the leg pulsating pain is on the calves regions which sometimes feel like excessive exercise burning sensation.
I have also lower back pain, ankles, wrists and knees joint pain. I feel extremely fatigued all the time especially on the second half of the day. The pain experienced on a scale of 10, is a constant 2 to 3 which goes to about a 1 only during exercise.
I also have heart palpitations and a chronic dry cough. My nose seems to always be clogged up.
All the symptoms worsen either when alcohol is consumed, with longer physical activity periods, or when a day’s normal sleep time is cut shorter during the night. In these circumstances it is normal for me to get headaches and for my throat to starts hurting as well.
I have been experiencing what seems to be a progressive memory loss and attention span problems throughout the years. I have also been developing seasonal allergies that get worse every year.
I have recently had a complete physical with no reporter concerns as well as a complete blood work with results within the recommended range. I usually eat very healthy and try to exercise as it helps with my constant lack of energy. I am 6’4’’ and 210lbs and happily married.
As far as diseases go, here is what I have been tested for with negative results.
- Lyme disease
- Hepatitis Panel
- HIV 1 and 2
- Syphilis (RPR test)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cancer
- Diabetes
- General blood bacterial infection
- Thyroid
After a lab work and consultations I usually get the same feedback that the exams indicate a healthy person. I am really sick and tired of getting this same feedback as I feel my symptoms are only getting worse throughout the years.
Please, if you think you can help with any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• Have they checked for fibromyalgia? My brother was diagnosed as healthy too although he had a lot of what you are experiencing. His symptoms were way worse when he consumed alcohol or had a high intake of salt that day. He lived in pain every day of his life. Fibromyalgia is controversial because it is very hard to diagnose. That may be one of the things you could check into. Common symptoms of fibromyalgia include:Pain that can change location and intensity from day to dayMany tender places on the body that are painfulGood luck and most importantly be persistent. It took my brother 10+ years to get a diagnosis.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am now 30 years old and have been suffering without a diagnosis for the past 9 years.My symptoms consist of a constant pulsating pain on both of my arms, hands, and legs (I guess sometimes referred as a tingling sensation). Most of the leg pulsating pain is on the calves regions which sometimes feel like excessive exercise burning sensation. I have also lower back pain, ankles, wrists and knees joint pain. I feel extremely fatigued all the time especially on the second half of the day. The pain experienced on a scale of 10, is a constant 2 to 3 which goes to about a 1 only during exercise. I also have heart palpitations and a chronic dry cough. My nose seems to always be clogged up. All the symptoms worsen either when alcohol is consumed, with longer physical activity periods, or when a day’s normal sleep time is cut shorter during the night. In these circumstances it is normal for me to get headaches and for my throat to starts hurting as well.I have been experiencing what seems to be a progressive memory loss and attention span problems throughout the years. I have also been developing seasonal allergies that get worse every year.I have recently had a complete physical with no reporter concerns as well as a complete blood work with results within the recommended range. I usually eat very healthy and try to exercise as it helps with my constant lack of energy. I am 6’4’’ and 210lbs and happily married.As far as diseases go, here is what I have been tested for with negative results.- Lyme disease- Hepatitis Panel- HIV 1 and 2- Syphilis (RPR test)- Rheumatoid Arthritis- Cancer- Diabetes- General blood bacterial infection- ThyroidAfter a lab work and consultations I usually get the same feedback that the exams indicate a healthy person. I am really sick and tired of getting this same feedback as I feel my symptoms are only getting worse throughout the years. Please, if you think you can help with any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. Where do you work? How is your diet? What is included? Do you sometimes tremor of the eyelid? Maybe it would help the magnesium, calcium and vitamins E, B6, B1, .. Against fatigue help iron ... Do you have any other symptoms that you forgot to mention? Like spasm, fever, lymph nodes Enlarged, etc ...
  • Thank you a lot for your replies. I really appreciate it! I did forget to mentioned I had also tried out two weeks worth of Fibromyalgia medication with no improvement of any kind. If anything it only added to the symptoms with a lot of gas and stomach disconfort during these two weeks. As to my diet, I mostly eat home cooked meals made with organic or very healthy ingredients. I almost never eat any fast foods. I have tried taking multi-vitamins, B12, and Iron for prolonged periods but little to absolutely no improvement. It seems that when I am on vacation or on some weekends that I get to nap during the day the symptoms diminish, but they are always and always there to a degree. What seems to diminish the symptoms as well is Tylenol just as my occasional mid afternoon naps. I do not have any spasms, eyelid termor, fever, enlarged lymph nodes, and my body pains seem to always be the same ones. I will keep looking and asking doctors for exams because I cannot see myself living my hole life like this. Thanks again!
    AndreZero 8 Replies Flag this Response
  • Also, not too long ago I found out about the potential long term effects of Accutane. I did take this drug for about 3-4 months 13 years ago. I have done a lot of research and found a lot of people experiencing the same thing years later taking this drug from ***l. Roche should be taken out of business! I am trying not to convince myself that this drug is the cause of my suffering because if it is, it means I will never get cured. I will keep trying to find answers. Please help with any feedback. at this point anything really helps...
  • With those symptoms, if you hadnt said that exercise helps with your lack of constant energy, i would of said it really sounded like you have chronic fatigue immunity dysfunction also known as CFIDS also called CFS. It could still be that (as some aspects of your condition do worsen with exercise eg the pain) but is less likely to be with improvement in energy in exercise (most CFIDS people got post exertional exhaustion with exercise). In fibromyalgia exercise often helps the symptoms and with CFIDS exercise often worsens. (seems you are sitting in between of these illnesses with exercise helping your energy level but on the other hand increasing your pain). These two illnesses often over lap in people. (most with CFIDS have fibro and a quarter of people with fibro end up with CFIDS) ummm i think there is a chance in which you have some CFS going on but it appears to be a possible minor case.. if your symptoms worsen, (you do not want that to happen, take care), you would be easier to diagnose. All the symptoms worsen either when alcohol is consumed, with longer physical activity periods, or when a day’s normal sleep time is cut shorter during the night. In these circumstances it is normal for me to get headaches and for my throat to starts hurting as well. That really is pointing towards CFIDS, most CFIDS people find alcohol makes things worst... longer activity periods could cause a major "crash" in which you may not end up improving at all and end up going into full blown CFIDS. Do take care to rest enough. Your health could be currently balanced on top of high ledge about ready to take a huge fall. The sore throat coming in in CFIDS for many can be a warning sign to not be doing so much. It's a screaming CFIDS body sign to slow down. I suggest you to check out http://wwcoco.com/cfids/bernesx.html If you are wanting to learn more about this illness, i suggest http://forum.notcrazy.net/ (Thou mostly Australians on that CFIDS website, real nice bunch of people there on those forums which will answer any questions you have and give support).
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • The most common candida yeast infection symptoms are:•fatigue, •food intolerances, •poor memory, •feeling "spaced out", mental fogginess•lack of mental alertness, confusion•digestion problems (constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, bloating), •food cravings (especially for sweets, refined carbohydrates or alcohol), •erratic vision or spots before the eyes, •lack of sexual desire, •allergies (rashes and hives), •headaches, •mood swings, •dry mouth or throat, •heartburn, •nasal congestion, •bad breath, •thrush (oral or vaginal), •vaginal discharge / irritation or pain, •persistent cystitis, vaginitis or prostatitis … to name but a few!Please just read about Candida•Rarely, the yeast infection may spread throughout the body. In systemic candidal disease, up to 75% of people may die. Even common mouth and vaginal yeast infections can cause critical illness and can be more resistant to normal treatment.I am now 30 years old and have been suffering without a diagnosis for the past 9 years. My symptoms consist of a constant pulsating pain on both of my arms, hands, and legs (I guess sometimes referred as a tingling sensation). Most of the leg pulsating pain is on the calves regions which sometimes feel like excessive exercise burning sensation. I have also lower back pain, ankles, wrists and knees joint pain. I feel extremely fatigued all the time especially on the second half of the day. The pain experienced on a scale of 10, is a constant 2 to 3 which goes to about a 1 only during exercise. I also have heart palpitations and a chronic dry cough. My nose seems to always be clogged up. All the symptoms worsen either when alcohol is consumed, with longer physical activity periods, or when a day’s normal sleep time is cut shorter during the night. In these circumstances it is normal for me to get headaches and for my throat to starts hurting as well.I have been experiencing what seems to be a progressive memory loss and attention span problems throughout the years. I have also been developing seasonal allergies that get worse every year.I have recently had a complete physical with no reporter concerns as well as a complete blood work with results within the recommended range. I usually eat very healthy and try to exercise as it helps with my constant lack of energy. I am 6’4’’ and 210lbs and happily married.As far as diseases go, here is what I have been tested for with negative results.- Lyme disease- Hepatitis Panel- HIV 1 and 2- Syphilis (RPR test)- Rheumatoid Arthritis- Cancer- Diabetes- General blood bacterial infection- ThyroidAfter a lab work and consultations I usually get the same feedback that the exams indicate a healthy person. I am really sick and tired of getting this same feedback as I feel my symptoms are only getting worse throughout the years. Please, if you think you can help with any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Have your Dr. do a blood test for Chronic Epstein Barr. I have read that almost everyone (95% of people) have EB, but I was recently diagnosed with CRONIC EB - the "cronic" is the critical part....it causes EXTREME fatigue. Most people get EB after having mono (usually in their teen years) and their body fights it off and its over - although will still show that you did have it in blood work years later. When you have chronic EB you body never gets done fighting it off. Your immune system is constantly fighting this off every day. And I was told, unfortunately there is nothing they can do for it. The blood work will show if the EB is active or old. As for me, the fatigue that I deal with is almost overwhelming. A healthy person's idea of being tired after a hard day's work sounds like a wonderful vacation destination to me!!!
  • I am now 30 years old and have been suffering without a diagnosis for the past 9 years. My symptoms consist of a constant pulsating pain on both of my arms, hands, and legs (I guess sometimes referred as a tingling sensation). Most of the leg pulsating pain is on the calves regions which sometimes feel like excessive exercise burning sensation. I have also lower back pain, ankles, wrists and knees joint pain. I feel extremely fatigued all the time especially on the second half of the day. The pain experienced on a scale of 10, is a constant 2 to 3 which goes to about a 1 only during exercise. I also have heart palpitations and a chronic dry cough. My nose seems to always be clogged up. All the symptoms worsen either when alcohol is consumed, with longer physical activity periods, or when a day’s normal sleep time is cut shorter during the night. In these circumstances it is normal for me to get headaches and for my throat to starts hurting as well.I have been experiencing what seems to be a progressive memory loss and attention span problems throughout the years. I have also been developing seasonal allergies that get worse every year.I have recently had a complete physical with no reporter concerns as well as a complete blood work with results within the recommended range. I usually eat very healthy and try to exercise as it helps with my constant lack of energy. I am 6’4’’ and 210lbs and happily married.As far as diseases go, here is what I have been tested for with negative results.- Lyme disease- Hepatitis Panel- HIV 1 and 2- Syphilis (RPR test)- Rheumatoid Arthritis- Cancer- Diabetes- General blood bacterial infection- ThyroidAfter a lab work and consultations I usually get the same feedback that the exams indicate a healthy person. I am really sick and tired of getting this same feedback as I feel my symptoms are only getting worse throughout the years. Please, if you think you can help with any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.Look up Fabry disease have your doctor run a Alpha-Gal blood test, also a complete genetic testing can confirm or rule out the presence of Frabry disease also get checked for Lupus. And invest in the best air purifier. good luck.
  • Have your Doctor check you for Fabry disease a blood test alpha-Gal also do a complete genetic test to confirm or rule out the presence of Fabry disease. Also be checked for Lupus., and invest in the best air purifier.
  • Thank you for all of your responses. I wanted to come back here and post what I finally was diagnosed with. Chronic Fatigue Syndrom (CFS) caused by Chronic EBV (Mononucleosis). It is unbelievable that I had never been tested for Mono in all these years and the only reason my current doctor event thought about Mono appears to be that she had a friend that had the same diagnosis after years. I went ahead and had a CT of my abdomen to check if my spleen will allow me to exercise and to check if I am in risk of Hotchikin's Disease. All came back normal. Needless to say this condition is extreemly hard to diagnose. If you have any of the symptoms I listed here or others that you can find on the net for more than a few months, REQUEST a mono test! If your IgG (not ImG) comes back positive, you have CFS caused by CEBV. I have NEVER had any accute Mono symptoms at all!!! Keep this in mind! Again, thank you all for your feedback. Have your Dr. do a blood test for Chronic Epstein Barr. I have read that almost everyone (95% of people) have EB, but I was recently diagnosed with CRONIC EB - the "cronic" is the critical part....it causes EXTREME fatigue. Most people get EB after having mono (usually in their teen years) and their body fights it off and its over - although will still show that you did have it in blood work years later. When you have chronic EB you body never gets done fighting it off. Your immune system is constantly fighting this off every day. And I was told, unfortunately there is nothing they can do for it. The blood work will show if the EB is active or old. As for me, the fatigue that I deal with is almost overwhelming. A healthy person's idea of being tired after a hard day's work sounds like a wonderful vacation destination to me!!!
  • May I ask what was the treatment they prescribed for you?.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 23, 2011
    • 04:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• The doctor recommended B-complex vitamins. However, from doing research and testing it out i found that Omega oils and vitamin C really helps as well. Right now i take mainly high doses of the Emergen-C packets since it has many other vitamins as well including B.I still have the pains, tingling sensations, and a lot of the old symptoms, but my energy level has significantly increased. One problem I am having is keeping asleep at night due to all the other symptoms. Before I was so drained that I slept throughout regardless of the pains and discomforts. However, i much rather have bad sleep than not being able to function for half of the day. Nothing that coffee can't take care of.Hope this helps. Take care all!May I ask what was the treatment they prescribed for you?.
    AndreZero 8 Replies
    • August 27, 2011
    • 02:12 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement