Discussions By Condition: Eye conditions

eye,neck,ear,and face pain!!!

Posted In: Eye conditions 18 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 17, 2006
  • 11:55 PM

:confused:
Ok,My pain started in my right eye a few months ago,after a night of drinking,i thought it was a hangover...then when I put two fingers up on my eyes,one on one and one on the other to see if the right eye was swollen,and it was..it was swollen all the way up to my eyebrow bone. So after that nothing made it go away,I then noticed a pain in my neck each time this pain came back,it was almost like a pinched nerve..then one day last week,i noticed also when i cleaned my right ear out it felt sore and tight in there,almost like it too was swollen,so now i have this eye ,neck and ear pain. Then it leads to almost affect my jaw,but not to bad...compared to my eye pain! It stays puffy and noticabley swollen,but pain comes and goes,from dull to wow! anyways,i was curious if anyone had an answer to this problem,or am i just plain weird and out of luck! im getting a ct scan wed...but i have always been the one to try to prepare myself ..any ideas as to what it is????

Reply Flag this Discussion

18 Replies:

• well, I hope that the scan will go on good...then let us know what's up next. dont worry, u gonna b absolutely okay!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hey this sounds strange- i never heard of it.let us know what the scan says
  • Hey, what's going on with ya man?? I need to know, I aint got no insurance and I have the same problems.. I've gone through 3 antibiotics trying to get rid of any infection, to no avail... I take Allegra to combat it if it's allergies, and a nasal steroid to combat the swelling.. I don't know what to do. I just signed up for insurance, but I gotta wait a bit before it kicks in.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 28, 2006
    • 10:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Whoops.. sorry, I called you "man" and then I read your name... sorry, thanks again!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 28, 2006
    • 10:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had the same symptoms - went for cat scan and tons of tests. It was diagnosied as Tic De Leroux. This is a cranial nerve that gets inflammed and is very painful. It is also called trigeminal neuralga. Hope it helps.....I'm taking neurontin to help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2006
    • 00:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have severe facial pain, neck and shoulder pain also accompanies the face pain.(left side) I have doctors that say it is from a pinched nerve in my neck and others that say it is from my mild MS. I take cabamazapine and neurontine which I have side affects from the medicine. I am to the point where I take so much medicine the side effects are becoming unbearable. Has any one had the face pain with a pinched nerve in their neck?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 01:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Is it at all possible someone gave you a good knock to the head, or you bumped into something that may have dislocated you neck, as you said you had been heavily drinking? You may have a slow bleed in the head. But don't worry, the head investigations you will have on Wednesday should show anything like that and then can be seen to. You dont have dizziness or headache so that is a good sign.Or you may have lowered you immunity to infection just by having a heavy drinking night and allowed a virus to take hold. Alcohol is not good for the immune system and virus' are great oppitunists.Hopefully the scan will show something,All the best.searchingsam
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 19, 2006
    • 02:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same problem,i have been researching for about 2 years now and i thought it was allergies to wheat who knows it might be,i havent gotten tested for it.i get this pain once a month the chiro asked if its around the time of my monthly and i watched for that and its not due to that.so im going too look up tic de leroux and see what i get,thank god for the web what would we do without it.seek and ye shall find.god bless everyone..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 00:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My eyes are bloodshot all the time....they have a brownish appearance they never look white.....i dont do drugs and have no sicknesses that i know of.... can using ordinary drops helpp.....please recommend somethinngg
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2007
    • 07:30 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had Tic delaroux for 20 years now, when I first got it it was so painful everytime I touched my face or head it was such and electric type of pain, it branched out from the top of my head right down my head and face to my throat on my right side. It lasted 10 weeks just day and night with this dreadful pain, I had all the test but they came up with Tic de laroux, I'm still here so its not life threatening (thank Goodness) but very painful. now I get it both sides of my face at the same time but I can control it to a certain degree. I seem to get it when I am really under pressure and stressed. at first I feel like I have a sore throat and I think I'm getting a cold, that's about 2 days of that, then it goes to to the electric type face, head and eye pain. I have discovered if I take 5mg of Valium and 1 night time Mersyndol and have a really deep deep sleep it will go away, my Doctor said that was OK because they really don't know how to treat it
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 1, 2007
    • 05:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have severe facial pain, neck and shoulder pain also accompanies the face pain.(left side) I have doctors that say it is from a pinched nerve in my neck and others that say it is from my mild MS. I take cabamazapine and neurontine which I have side affects from the medicine. I am to the point where I take so much medicine the side effects are becoming unbearable. Has any one had the face pain with a pinched nerve in their neck?i have similar problems they told me I have spondylosis. I hope I spelled that right. I have face pain they call that myofacial pain, in my neck, down on side or the other of my shoulders. I take feldene and vicodin for the pain. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2007
    • 02:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi all, I have the same thing in the right side of my face. It started with a swollen eye and now it is affecting my face. My jaw feels tight and i have constant pressure in the upper part of my neck near my head. it almost hurts to talk and laugh. I am going to the Doc in a few days....could be stress related..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2008
    • 05:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have experienced the face and neck pain for 7 weeks now. I have been to the doctor 6 times. He put me on steroids and zyrtec. He has given me muscle relaxers which do nothing to help me. The pain radiates from my collar bone, shoulders, neck, face and into my temples. I can feel the pressure in my ears although they don't actually hurt. It feels like a nerve in my head is tight. I can't fully explain these symptoms but I am about to lose my mind. If it weren't for Ambien I would never sleep. I still have no idea what is wrong with me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2009
    • 00:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been dealing with these symptoms for the past 2 years. The tinnitus is the worst and I feel like someone is shoving an ice pick into my head thru my ear. The right side of my face is very painful and behind my eye and my ear are the worst. I had an MRI 20 months ago that was normal and I don't have TMJ so my doc said Trigemenal Nueralgia. But my research on that shows that is sudden short bursts of pain...not continuous and long lasting. he put me on so much medicine that I couldn't tell what day it was. I was taking Paraglemenotol (or something) endorol, topamax and vicodine. Plus the meds I have to take for migraines, barretts esophagus and bile reflux...imagine that I don't like taking more pills! I don't take any meds anymore for any of it and I feel somewhat ok. Some days it's hard to live with the pain and the dizziness almost made me fall this morning but I am like so many others who just has to wait for some insurance to kick in and then hope the pre-existing condition clause doesn't kill me. Honestly, I have a feeling the pinched nerve route is probably the closest to being correct...that or restricted blood flow thru the neck which could also be from a misaligned vertebrae. I'm going to try the chiropractor next...fingers crossed that can alleviate some of these symptoms!!! I'm very tired of doctors trying to guess what is wrong and throwing pills at me...
  • The acceptable account is that there is accustomed help! Homeopathic eye drops not alone affluence the ache in the abbreviate run, but aswell advance the healing and deepening of the eye tissues to cope with such aggravations bigger in future. These homeopathic drops are able in acrid band-aid that is calmly captivated through the membranes of the eye,
    rotomassmith 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have also pain in neck but doctor not suggest to me any types of medicines they just advise to me do exercise. For eye, neck and face pain best herbal product is best. Take treatment of any good doctor.
    elliottmatthew 4 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi ...I am also having same problem.Finally I found the problem from taken CT scan. Problem is Anterior osteopytes found in C6 means some abnormal bone growth in Neck bone.So it pinched neck nerve..So that I am getting pain in face,ear and Eye...Hope it will help full
  • I have the same problem.I concern with my doctor but there is no recovery for this problem.please help.
    angelinadiaz 6 Replies
    • August 24, 2010
    • 06:33 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement