Discussions By Condition: Hair conditions

Changes to pubic hair

Posted In: Hair conditions 51 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 12, 2007
  • 00:14 PM

From searching on the internet, this doesn't seem to be a particularly common complaint but any feedback would be much appreciated.

Some pubic hair around the testicles and base of the penis has developed a yellow crust - a hard layer of 'dust' that is unsightly but otherwise causes no discomfort. What would be the most likely cause of this and how can the problem be dealt with? Many thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

51 Replies:

• Fungus would be my guess.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 09:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • From searching on the internet, this doesn't seem to be a particularly common complaint but any feedback would be much appreciated.Some pubic hair around the testicles and base of the penis has developed a yellow crust - a hard layer of 'dust' that is unsightly but otherwise causes no discomfort. What would be the most likely cause of this and how can the problem be dealt with? Many thanks.Hi There;This almost sounds familiar as my X husband had something simular to what you have described. The name given is: "Psoriasis," (when his started it was not painful either). Symptoms are:Several types of psoriasis exist, but the most common form, plaque psoriasis, causes dry, red skin lesions (plaques) covered with silvery scales. These usually itch or feel sore and may occur anywhere on your body, including your genitals, the soft tissue inside your mouth, and your fingernails and toenails.Good Luck! ~
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 06:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like u need to get checked for STDs but it also might be a yeast infection.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2007
    • 09:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had this problem when i was going through puberty,but it wasnt my pubic hair it was under my arms...i tried shaving the hair off but when it grew back so did the condition...i never saw a doctor about it but a friend said he had it and that it was just all the hormones coarsing through my body...it seemed to dissapear of its own accord but if your really worried ,go see your doctor for piece of mind...hope this helps and please let me know how you get on ...Tony
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2007
    • 10:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same symptoms. Some of the pubic hairs on my testicles have developed the yellow "dust" on the ends. It doesn't hurt or even itch. However, it seems that it is damaging the hair.I would like to know what causes this and how to treat it. It even comes back after I shave the area.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2007
    • 08:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Piedra is what I have decided this is. An asymptomatic superficial fungal infection of the hair shaft. It is treatable with Lotrimin.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2007
    • 08:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My pubic hairs are changing colour from thick black to thin blond especially on the testicles. The base of hair has grown into big ball like objects with the hair protuding, the roots are bigger and seem white and are bulging. What could this be and what should I do?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • As far as I researched this condition is called Trichomycosis Trichomycosis represents a bacterial colonization of the hair. Corynebacterium tenuis is one of the bacteria identified in this situation. It is usually an incidental finding. Yellow, red, or black attachments on the hair, representing bacterial colonization, occur. Topical clindamycin twice a day or shaving is effective.Reference: Gary M. White & Neil H. Cox Diseases of the Skin ***Psoriasis is a wrong diagnosis as said in one of the replies.
  • At the base of my pubic hair, there are small little white balls. I don't think it could be pubic lice. i am very clean, and have very short hair... I'm thinking maybe it is dry skin from tanning... THoughts?
  • On my pubic hair there are white clumps...very thin and the make the hair hard. I know it is not lice. It does not itch...any thoughts.
  • On my pubic hair there are white clumps...very thin and the make the hair hard. I know it is not lice. It does not itch...any thoughts.Exactly same problem, no idea how to get rid of this. It's notoriously coming back even thou used to do "brazilian waxing". No itch, no skin changes, I noticed ..it doesnt smell nice :/ I'm very clean and this "thing" really gets on my nerves.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• maybe the crust is yellow from your urine.. maybe change your underwear a little more often lol ;)
  • maybe the crust is yellow from your urine.. maybe change your underwear a little more often lol ;)Oh man you cracker, so darn funny aye? It's white not yellow, and you are rude..simply.
  • i have the same thing going on.. im just as curious to find out what this is myself. also, does anyone else seem to notice that if u pull one of them out, it seems almost painless? as if the pube is dead or something. idk lol i wood like to have my regular old pubes back.
  • I have something very similar too.The pubic hair on my testicals is thin and blond, and around the base of the hairs it's almost like pimples. The hair gets a nasty yellowish crust, and it's very noticeable after I take a shower. It doesn't wash off, but I can scrap it off with my fingernails. It stinks too. I always assumed it had something to do with sweat, but I'm really not sure. I've had it for almost a year. I really wish I knew how to get rid of it.
  • i have the same thing going on.. im just as curious to find out what this is myself. also, does anyone else seem to notice that if u pull one of them out, it seems almost painless? as if the pube is dead or something. idk lol i wood like to have my regular old pubes back.yeah, so exact same problem. painless hair plucking. it's almost like a thin coating of something over the entire hair. it seems to only happen on the hairs of the scrotum. i shall find what it is.
  • I used to have this problem as well.. Almost every hair coming out of my testicles and by their sides on my legs was covered in this white/yellow crusty substance. I could scrape it off with my fingernails somewhat, but the hairs underneath looked uhealthy and very thin and almost as though the hair was secreting this gunk.. It has cleared up quite a bit now, somewhat unexpectedly, since ive been using some anti-candida(yeast) pills i bought at the health food store(mainly for GI tract)... This would lead me to think that its some kind of fungus, but the herbs have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial ingredients, so it's hard to say. Id bet if you went to a dermatologist theyd take a bit off and tell you it was a yeast, give you a script for nystatin and itd be clear in no time
  • i had the same thing and went to pharmancy and got blue star ointment. it turned my hair back to black.it was yellow around balls and penis. hope this will help.
  • This condition is called "Trichomycosis axillaris" it's a bacteria that builds up in moist places. Not a huge problem, although it smells.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2007
    • 11:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am new to this site and I just wanted to make a quick comment and ask a question. On Tuesday morning I went to the restroom to use the bathroom. As I looked down at my genital area, I noticed one strand of a white pubic hair. I have all black pubic hair and I am a 29 year old black woman with 3 kids. Is this an STD or is this just a body condition I should not be terrified of? I have a fiance and I have been having sex with only him. I pulled the hair strand out by the root of it because I was terified.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 31, 2007
    • 04:11 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement