Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Smelly, yellowish anal discharge

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 13 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 29, 2010
  • 10:04 PM

Hey there guys.

So let me just cut to the chase. After much Google searching I can't really find much on this. For a while now (probably at least a year now; I know it's bad to wait this long) I've had this discharge in my butt area. It doesn't happen 24/7 but my butt crack will feel very wet (like a sweaty wet) and when I go to wipe it there's this faint yellowish looking sticky liquid on the toilet paper. It's all the inside wall of my butt crack. I wipe a few times and it's usually gone and it'll come back maybe once or twice in the day. It always ends up on my underwear too and it stains them light yellow/brown. Before it stains, there's like very small scattered wet spots all on the butt crack area. The worst part about it is if you smell the liquid it smells terrible. I don't really know how to describe it, but it's absolutely rancid. Almost like dead fish.

also note that sometimes I'll have blood on my toilet paper. This only happens maybe once every 2 weeks or more so it's fairly uncommon.

I live a pretty inactive lifestyle other than going to school from 7 to 2:30 every day. The walking between classes is generally the only exercise I get. I'm not fat or anything (about 170, 5 foot 10).

Any help would be appreciated :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• A while ago i had similar symptoms except it wasnt racid smelling (i never closely sniffed it :p but assume it wasnt terrible smelling as i couldnt smell it). i had that butt crack wetness and it was (in my case i'd say weeping) a yellowish sticky looking liquid. i had this issue for many many months before it cleared up on its own. In my case i believe that wetness and stickness and yellow sticky fluid weeping, was due to a haemorrhoid... (i also had blood on loo paper most days and i know i did have a haemorrhoid issue at time)...... i'm going to take a guess but maybe you have an haemorrhoid which is quite infected (hence the bad smell). If you dont want to go to a doctor just yet, maybe you can get something from your pharmacist/chemist to help??? (thou seeing it smells bad, if it was me, i'd be more tempted to see a doctor)
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the reply.Did you take any medicine for your hemorrhoids and then the liquid cleaned itself up? Also, is there anything that'll make the hemorrhoid go away without going to the doctor? I thought they just eventually went away.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • No in my case i didnt take anything special for it, i wish i had if there is something available? as the problem persisted for so long.. and every time i thought it was improving.. it'd get worst again. Using my bowels seemed to keep the haemorrhoid there and stop it from healing and keep the weeping going on... i cant remember now but i could of ended up taking some laxatives for a while to try to allow the area to heal thinking that would put less pressure on the area. i though dont know if that is a good thing to do or not. In my case i havent had an issue now for a couple of years (at least with the yellowish weeping.. i do think i still have a haemorrhoid there somewhere as i still get the occassional blood on loo paper but it rarely bothers now days).
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies Flag this Response
  • that's weird. I dunno why I'm having this.ughhhh
  • Well I have the problem for a year and a half . I went to the doctor and all they gave was laxatives and cream and said I have an hemmorhoid. They also said eat less hot things and meat and eat more vegetables . I admit I listened for a lil bit and the symptoms went away but who cant it meat lol. But anyways if its hemmorhoids its a list of home remedies on google you can use (big help) ... Good luck :) p.s. If yu officially get rid of it reply on wat yu used
  • Well I have the problem for a year and a half . I went to the doctor and all they gave was laxatives and cream and said I have an hemmorhoid. They also said eat less hot things and meat and eat more vegetables . I admit I listened for a lil bit and the symptoms went away but who cant it meat lol. But anyways if its hemmorhoids its a list of home remedies on google you can use (big help) ... Good luck :) p.s. If yu officially get rid of it reply on wat yu usedthis is what worked for me. it is very very painful.wipe your butt crack with surgical spirit on the the loo paper every time you go to the bathroom. this will hurt like ***l. within 2 or 3 days it will become less painful in a couple more days it will heal. you must be careful not to let it occur again by using surgical spirit once a day (if when you have a bowel movement you'll remember) after a couple of weeks you can start using the surgical spirit once a week. if you feel its coming back start all over again. if you start with the surgical spirit before it gets bad it won't hurt half as much. another thing. to avoid it happening cut the carbs especailly bread/ wheat and sweets.it works for me.
  • this is what worked for me. it is very very painful.wipe your butt crack with surgical spirit on the the loo paper every time you go to the bathroom. this will hurt like ***l. within 2 or 3 days it will become less painful in a couple more days it will heal. you must be careful not to let it occur again by using surgical spirit once a day (if when you have a bowel movement you'll remember) after a couple of weeks you can start using the surgical spirit once a week. if you feel its coming back start all over again. if you start with the surgical spirit before it gets bad it won't hurt half as much. another thing. to avoid it happening cut the carbs especailly bread/ wheat and sweets.it works for me.Have any of you been checked for a pilonidal cyst?
  • Have any of you been checked for a pilonidal cyst?with this cyst you would have an actual sore, what i get is the skin along the whole area becoming inflamed and weeping.
  • Hi Guys,i am 26 years old(male). there is little cyst/limp at the end of the anal canal for last 15 years. the size is still the same, nt atall increased. but pus/yelloish liquid come out when that portion is pressed a bit hard and this is also like once in a week. there is no pain.i didnt care till now as the size doesnt increase. but now having a lil fear of having some big diseae.please let me know your inputs/suggestion.
    abhibose 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi Guys,i am 26 years old(male). there is little cyst/limp at the end of the anal canal for last 15 years. the size is still the same, nt atall increased. but pus/yelloish liquid come out when that portion is pressed a bit hard and this is also like once in a week. there is no pain.i didnt care till now as the size doesnt increase. but now having a lil fear of having some big diseae.please let me know your inputs/suggestion.could YOU have the cyst someone else suggested a couple of comments before?
  • im rakesh (21 years).,im suffering from external hemorrhoids for about an year.,first a small skin projected from the edge of my anal.,i felt terrible pain with bleeding until it growed to about 1.5 cms.,it is like a skin tag now.,now it is not bleeding during bowel.,it is attached to the anal with a red color skin.,i feel slight pain only during bowel movement.,after bowel movement the red color portion gets bulged and if i press it it breaks & either slight blood comes or some other thing comes out of it.,after bowel movement im not feeling any pain.,but suddenly the red color portion gives pain & it becomes wet.,if i wipe it with cotton it was yellowish with worst smell.,i dont know how to remove that skin tag.,i googled it many times but i cant find anything about that red color portion at the bottom of the skin tag.,should i consult a doctor & is operation the only way to remove it.? please help me..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2013
    • 02:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hi any solutions yet
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 16, 2014
    • 11:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same thing and my doctor just found that i have an ecoli ybfextion any news from you
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 26, 2014
    • 09:35 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement