Discussions By Condition: Finger conditions

red itchy sore fingers

Posted In: Finger conditions 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 12, 2007
  • 08:18 AM

I used to be a s/w professional, till i developed a serious case of RSI. I have been on a long sabbatical. However every winters, my health deteriorates, the pain in the neck and back becomes severe. But whats worst affected are my fingers - they become red, itchy, swollen and painful..i try to keep them warm.. but you really cant wear gloves all the time.. they become really ugly red and dont bend at the knuckles..i keep dropping things and simple things like writing and turning a key are painful..the little finger and the ring finger are worse affected. all advise welcome.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• This is the exact same problem that I am having. I too am a sw developer and my symptoms started for the first time around a month ago. The odd thing is that it will clear up completely and then recur. At this point I am self medicating with a topical cream in an attempt to rule out some type of dermatitis.I am reluctant to visit the GP as other postings on the net indicate that they found no answers there.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 04:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got same but it looks like i've been bitten but i can't bend some of my fingers and i know my fingers aren't broken please help me?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2009
    • 00:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got same but it looks like i've been bitten but i can't bend some of my fingers and i know my fingers aren't broken please help me?i dont know if this will help, but you can try **magnesium sulphate paste**. for the past few years i keep getting swellings on my fingers, only on one hand- for no apparent reason. they start small and then grow slowly until a number of my fingers have large sore and itchy lumps.my gp wasnt clear of the reason but told me to buy the paste and put it on the swollen area, then cover it with tissue or bandages and tape it in place. apparently this will 'draw out' whatever fluid is in the finger causing the swelling.it does work, as after a week or so of treatment the swelling goes. but it seems a temporary solution becuase every 6 months or so the swelling re-appears. anyway you can just but it from the chemists so id give it a go xx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 22, 2009
    • 02:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got same but it looks like i've been bitten but i can't bend some of my fingers and i know my fingers aren't broken please help me?For the last 2 1/2 yrs. my hand ulcers stopped because of my current Meds (Tracleer). Prior that my sores on my fingers very very painful. there was nothing the doctors could do. Lots off bandages and wore glove in the winter. But this December 4th I got a red spot on finger, very painful. I pray a lot and keep my hands out of water. hope this helps. cmoles
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 2, 2011
    • 11:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I used to be a s/w professional, till i developed a serious case of RSI. I have been on a long sabbatical. However every winters, my health deteriorates, the pain in the neck and back becomes severe. But whats worst affected are my fingers - they become red, itchy, swollen and painful..i try to keep them warm.. but you really cant wear gloves all the time.. they become really ugly red and dont bend at the knuckles..i keep dropping things and simple things like writing and turning a key are painful..the little finger and the ring finger are worse affected. all advise welcome.That sounds appalling!!Well, the deal is as follows:the immune system responds to injury by tagging damaged tissues with chemical markers.If the tissue is persistently damaged, then the immune system learns to attack that type of tissue.If this tissue is neurological, it's called Multiple Sclerosis, suspected to be a result of bad nutrition, stress, or artificial sweeteners.The same is true of RSI. Bad diet, stress, long hours, badly designed tools or work environment, or awkward position. These cause damage to tissues, the cells send out distress signals, and the attack & inflammation begins.There's a syndrome called a "cytokine storm" where the tagging has just gone wild, and everything in sight is swelling up and being attacked, therefore damaged, more distress. It's like a nuclear meltdown, it can be fatal.Not many people know this, but auto-immune syndromes are dangerous in this way. Eczema can cause arthritis, and so on. Irritation can create more irritation, a knock on effect.Once the body has learned to produce antibodies to attack its own cells, this is a real problem. Western medicine is clueless where it comes to issues such as these. We can't even cure eczema, let alone arthritis.Chinese medicine, however, has answers. Go to see a good Chinese doctor.
    bishopdante 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I used to be a s/w professional, till i developed a serious case of RSI. I have been on a long sabbatical. However every winters, my health deteriorates, the pain in the neck and back becomes severe. But whats worst affected are my fingers - they become red, itchy, swollen and painful..i try to keep them warm.. but you really cant wear gloves all the time.. they become really ugly red and dont bend at the knuckles..i keep dropping things and simple things like writing and turning a key are painful..the little finger and the ring finger are worse affected. all advise welcome.welll i made a cream and it worked for me maybe you should try it
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 13, 2011
    • 11:35 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement