Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Longterm Stomach Pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 26, 2010
  • 03:22 PM

I have had stomach pain for almost 2 yrs, at least now. I have had, it seems like every test done and they cant seem to find whats wrong. I have had my gallbladder and appendix out and nothing. It comes and goes kind of. Like it'll be around for a little while then wont bother me for a little while. But each time it comes back it is worse. I had gallbladder and appendix out in January and still had the pain. Figured it might be associated with surgery but doesnt seem that way now. Pain has been sharp stabbing pain in right side of stomach level with belly button but just to the side of it some. It also radiates to my back and this time around seems to radiate to my left side too. It sometimes radiates up under ribs, which is why I think they thought it was my gallbladder. I am so SICK of going to Dr and them not finding anything, makes me feel like Im going crazy. I thought maybe it was an effect of chemo, becuase I had melanoma and was on chemo for a yr b/c it had spread to my lymphnodes in one area but have been told that the chemo wouldnt cause the pain. I also was on ibuprofen for a year or so taking it every single day sometimes prolly more then the recommended dose, so thought that might be it but was also told that shouldnt be cause. So apparently I have pain that nothing has caused and nothing shows up on tests. I have no idea whats causing it so any suggestions would be great. Its very frustrating, and with my past dealing with cancer it can be kinda scary for me to just ignore stuff. Which is what I did leading to the cancer spreading initially. Im only 24 and yet feel like my body is just falling apart. So again any suggestions would help!! Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement