Discussions By Condition: Knee conditions

Knee and shin pain

Posted In: Knee conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: seanmorgan
  • May 24, 2010
  • 08:14 PM

Back in December I was diagnosed with a serious tibial stress fracture in my left leg. Four months later my doctor ordered multiple x-rays and a bone scan. While the test results seem to indicate that the fracture has healed, I'm still experiencing a lot of pain in my knee and leg, and more recently I have started to have similar symptoms develop in my right leg. My doctor believes that I'm dealing with patellofemoral pain syndrome but a lot of the symptoms just don't add up. I can hop up and down without experiencing pain in my shin so I'm fairly certain the fracture is not the source of the problem. My pain is very intermittent; some days it hurts like heck and other days it feels almost normal. Here's what I'm experiencing:

- Intermittent pain below the knee joint, sometimes radiating all the way down my tibia. Worse when walking, standing, or biking. The pain seems to move around my lower leg.
- Popping and clicking in the knee when extending my leg (very intermittent.. worse in my left leg)
- Redness and very minimal swelling around the knee joint
- Heat around the knee joint (very intermittent)
- Extreme pain below the knee joint when crossing my left leg over my right knee (hard to explain, like this http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/Corbis_RF/p_2614943.jpg

Has anyone ever had this kind of pain before, or do you have any idea what's causing it?

Thanks for any help!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement