Discussions By Condition: Knee conditions

Knee and shin pain

Posted In: Knee conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: seanmorgan
  • May 24, 2010
  • 08:14 PM

Back in December I was diagnosed with a serious tibial stress fracture in my left leg. Four months later my doctor ordered multiple x-rays and a bone scan. While the test results seem to indicate that the fracture has healed, I'm still experiencing a lot of pain in my knee and leg, and more recently I have started to have similar symptoms develop in my right leg. My doctor believes that I'm dealing with patellofemoral pain syndrome but a lot of the symptoms just don't add up. I can hop up and down without experiencing pain in my shin so I'm fairly certain the fracture is not the source of the problem. My pain is very intermittent; some days it hurts like heck and other days it feels almost normal. Here's what I'm experiencing:

- Intermittent pain below the knee joint, sometimes radiating all the way down my tibia. Worse when walking, standing, or biking. The pain seems to move around my lower leg.
- Popping and clicking in the knee when extending my leg (very intermittent.. worse in my left leg)
- Redness and very minimal swelling around the knee joint
- Heat around the knee joint (very intermittent)
- Extreme pain below the knee joint when crossing my left leg over my right knee (hard to explain, like this http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/Corbis_RF/p_2614943.jpg

Has anyone ever had this kind of pain before, or do you have any idea what's causing it?

Thanks for any help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm having the exact same thing happen in my left leg. As we speak, there is redness and heat radiating from underneath my knee, and some noticeable swelling. My knee clicks, and the surrounding tendons feel inflamed. I know that I have anterior tibial tendinitis, as my doctor told me I had this along with shin splints. I'm thinking this could possibly be posterior tibial tendinitis (the inside of the tibia). I'm really hoping someone can tell us what this is.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement