Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

My leg muscles feel like they're ripping everytime I stretch, why?

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: dsdance
  • May 20, 2010
  • 06:19 PM

Okay so, I've been dancing since I was 3, I'm 21 now, and about 3 years ago I started to have this problem. I had impeccable flexibility.. I had over 180 degree center splits, left splits as well as right splits. I could VERY easily touch my toes and then some. I stretched EVERYDAY. Then one morning I woke up and I could barely bend over. My hamstrings felt like they were being ripped. I couldn't lift my legs to the front or side because it felt like they were going to rip right off.

Three years later and I'm still having the same problem. I've done physio, acupuncture, GunnIMS, and nothing works. All the physio therapists have said "oh it's just something that sometimes happens to dancers" but I don't know of anyone else who this has happened to, and quite frankly, that's not good enough. I don't want a temporary solution, I want it to go away. I can't even LIGHTLY stretch because the next day it feels like I tore the muscles to shreds. :(

What is happening here, and what can I do?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement