Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Stomach pain with acid reflux. Potential ulcer? Help me :(

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: erika16
  • May 15, 2010
  • 04:13 AM

I'm a 16 year old girl and have been experiencing many odd pains in my stomach.
First, I couldn't eat anything because I knew that after I did I was going to experience pain in my stomach. It was never in a specific place, just sharp pains. My appetite went away so I hardly ever ate. I would even throw up sometimes. This continued for about 2 or 3 weeks until one night the pain in my stomach was bad enough to make my parents send me to the emergency room.
The doctor tested my blood, pee, and I can't remember what else. He applied pressure on my stomach and I told him that it made my chest hurt and made it hard to breathe. He said everything was fine and that I simply had an acid reflux and needed to lay off spicy foods and acids. He also said that the lining in my stomach was extremely irritated. He gave me some Maylox (idk if thats how you spell it) and prescribed me some kind of anti-acid medication that I took for a week.
This was about two months ago. After going to the ER that night, I hadn't experienced much pain with my stomach. Maybe slight discomfort here and there, but not enough to cause me to feel miserable. I figured since I wasn't in pain anymore, it would be okay to drink soda and eat spicy foods again. It was limited though. My mother made sure of that. Though sometimes I would feel nausea after eating meals.
SO now two months after, I experienced an odd situation. I randomly woke up from the nausea and pain in my stomach about five nights ago. I had never had bad enough pain in my stomach to actually force me out of bed. As I made my way to the bathroom convinced that I was about to throw up, I began blacking out and feeling extremely weak. I leaned over to throw up but nothing came out. I dry heaved. I then sat down due to how dizzy I felt and suddenly, my hands and feet began tingling. I then began to feel as though my arms and legs were falling asleep. I also had trouble breathing and an irregular heart beat. I could have been panicking too though. Then it went away. I figured I just ate something and got up to fast, so I just went to bed assuming I would be okay in the morning. But when I woke up, I felt the same tingling and fast heart beat along with extreme weakness and feeling dizzy. I went to school and then got sent home after throwing up.
For the past few days I have been unable to keep anything in my stomach without throwing it back out. I was also very weak and light headed. My hands and feet were also always cold. I've had sharp pains in my stomach. I also seem to be extremely dehydrated. It also seems that I have been experiencing some constipation.Today, my stomach hurt mostly on the left side. Sometimes it is lower, upper or even middle.
I have not seen any blood in my stools and did not see blood in my vomit. Well, I dry heaved and spit out blood but I assume that was from my sore throat after throwing up so much. So I don't think this could be a bleeding ulcer. But if my sharp pains and constant heartburn hasn't gone away, what is it?
Please inform me with any information you may know. I would just like to get better.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I'm a 16 year old girl and have been experiencing many odd pains in my stomach. First, I couldn't eat anything because I knew that after I did I was going to experience pain in my stomach. It was never in a specific place, just sharp pains. My appetite went away so I hardly ever ate. I would even throw up sometimes. This continued for about 2 or 3 weeks until one night the pain in my stomach was bad enough to make my parents send me to the emergency room. The doctor tested my blood, pee, and I can't remember what else. He applied pressure on my stomach and I told him that it made my chest hurt and made it hard to breathe. He said everything was fine and that I simply had an acid reflux and needed to lay off spicy foods and acids. He also said that the lining in my stomach was extremely irritated. He gave me some Maylox (idk if thats how you spell it) and prescribed me some kind of anti-acid medication that I took for a week. This was about two months ago. After going to the ER that night, I hadn't experienced much pain with my stomach. Maybe slight discomfort here and there, but not enough to cause me to feel miserable. I figured since I wasn't in pain anymore, it would be okay to drink soda and eat spicy foods again. It was limited though. My mother made sure of that. Though sometimes I would feel nausea after eating meals.SO now two months after, I experienced an odd situation. I randomly woke up from the nausea and pain in my stomach about five nights ago. I had never had bad enough pain in my stomach to actually force me out of bed. As I made my way to the bathroom convinced that I was about to throw up, I began blacking out and feeling extremely weak. I leaned over to throw up but nothing came out. I dry heaved. I then sat down due to how dizzy I felt and suddenly, my hands and feet began tingling. I then began to feel as though my arms and legs were falling asleep. I also had trouble breathing and an irregular heart beat. I could have been panicking too though. Then it went away. I figured I just ate something and got up to fast, so I just went to bed assuming I would be okay in the morning. But when I woke up, I felt the same tingling and fast heart beat along with extreme weakness and feeling dizzy. I went to school and then got sent home after throwing up.For the past few days I have been unable to keep anything in my stomach without throwing it back out. I was also very weak and light headed. My hands and feet were also always cold. I've had sharp pains in my stomach. I also seem to be extremely dehydrated. It also seems that I have been experiencing some constipation.Today, my stomach hurt mostly on the left side. Sometimes it is lower, upper or even middle. I have not seen any blood in my stools and did not see blood in my vomit. Well, I dry heaved and spit out blood but I assume that was from my sore throat after throwing up so much. So I don't think this could be a bleeding ulcer. But if my sharp pains and constant heartburn hasn't gone away, what is it?Please inform me with any information you may know. I would just like to get better.i have had stomach issues for almost 10 years now but not quite like this. i think you should make an appointment with you're family doctor and see what they say. its better safe then sorry, you shouldnt have to go through that. i would try taking gravol, if you can. it helped me when i felt sick all day, everyday. im not sure if you know what it is or not? but its for motion sickness but it helps the feeling sick and relaxes you by making you tired. mints have said to help the nausea too
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Because there are so many potential causes of abdominal pain, your doctor will perform a thorough physical examination, discuss with you the type of symptoms you are experiencing, and ask you several related questions about the pain you are feeling,http://www.stomach-ulcer-symptoms.org/This is not UlcerTake care and see your doctor for more info
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 21, 2010
    • 05:23 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement