Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Blue and swollen...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Bluehands29
  • May 3, 2010
  • 02:26 AM

Recently I have experienced my hands turning blue. In the past 3 weeks, it has come and gone. For the past 2 weeks, my fingers and toes have been swollen every day, all day. Ibuprofen barely alleviates any pain. I also have noticed my calf muscles hurt when I walk for exercise. I walk often, but have recently started going longer and harder because I've been trying to lose weight. Within 5 minutes, it almost feels like I have shin splints as well. Have also noticed my chest sometimes hurts when I take a deep breath or yawn. And my arms and legs go numb or tingle if I'm laying on my back for a long time. My back also gets a sudden rush of tingling and goes away just as soon as it starts. And finally, my veins appeared bright blue the other day. I am a fair skinned girl, but the color seems neon and not normal. I had some bloodwork done, but my Dr. is unsure what's going on. My sed rate was elevated at 29, (normal is 1-20), but my lyme test came back negative. I'm in the process of looking for another Dr. to get a second opinion. My grandma died of lupus, so I am very worried that I have a few symptoms of it. Those are my only symptoms, does anyone know what could be going on? I'm very concerned and constantly uncomfortable with my swollen hands and feet. Help!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement