Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Please help, pain under right rib cage, fatigued, worried

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: tarmale
  • April 25, 2010
  • 11:24 PM

:(Hi everyone,
I need some help-I'm a 40 year old female, in fair/good health. For the past month I have had pain under my right rib cage especially after I eat. I believe it to be my gallbladder. I am also very fatigued to the point that I feel like I have to take a nap after being awake for only a few hours. Although I typically have a bowel movement daily sometimes it's earlier, sometimes later in the day. I also sometimes alternate between constipation and diarrhea but not all the time. Dairy I'm sure is the culprit as it seems to go right through me and I try to avoid it.
In the past few days I'm also having some discomfort, although I wouldn't actually call it pain, under my left rib cage as well.
Some history on me: I had these same symptoms two years ago and it was discovered I had a mild fatty liver and an hemangioma on my left lobe. My gallbladder showed no problems and neither did my spleen or pancreas. I am prediabetic which I'm now addressing with diet and exercise and I have b12 deficiency which I have to admit I've not been taking for the past couple of months.
I know I need to lose weight as I'm 5'6 and 170lbs. I also carry this weight mostly in my abdomen which I know is not at all healthy. I've committed to this and have been sticking to it. I'm worried of course this could be cancer or cirrhosis. I had an abdominal sonogram taken last week but I won't know the results till the end of next week! It seems like it shouldn't take this long but they assured me I'd get a call if it was something very bad. I'm praying it's not because I have so much to live fore and will never again forget that. If anyone can shed some light I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Hi,I was diagnosed yesterday with a very fatty Liver. I am getting upper abdominal pain right side.Felt increasingly unwell and fatigue worse than normal I also have Lupus, Sticky Blood, Hypothyroid, High Cholesterol and borderline Diabetic and very overweight.I am trying to change eating but not a big eater nor do I eat high fat foods.Its so difficult with limited mobilty to exercise. I only can walk short distances with a stick!!.I have read lots and Fatty Liver is caused by alcohol, Obesity and Diabetes but can have a metabolic syndrome if diabetic, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroid. Certain medication worsen it, steroids and warfarin which I take. Dr's tell me it won't kill me but I am only 56 if its very fatty now how long does it take to become cirrhosis??I don't suppose I have helped but perhaps we can find answers together.
    valigene 9 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,I was diagnosed yesterday with a very fatty Liver. I am getting upper abdominal pain right side.Felt increasingly unwell and fatigue worse than normal I also have Lupus, Sticky Blood, Hypothyroid, High Cholesterol and borderline Diabetic and very overweight.I am trying to change eating but not a big eater nor do I eat high fat foods.Its so difficult with limited mobilty to exercise. I only can walk short distances with a stick!!.I have read lots and Fatty Liver is caused by alcohol, Obesity and Diabetes but can have a metabolic syndrome if diabetic, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroid. Certain medication worsen it, steroids and warfarin which I take. Dr's tell me it won't kill me but I am only 56 if its very fatty now how long does it take to become cirrhosis??I don't suppose I have helped but perhaps we can find answers together. Hi Val, I'm sorry it took this long to respond but I have so many emails and alot of them are junk. Interesting thing-I went back for a check because I was in horrible pain. Dr. ordered a sonogram and it found nothing wrong with my gallbladder which is what I thought it was. I have a fatty liver and the pain I'm told it from my gallbladder spasming. There were no stones or anything. Never heard of it before but the pain has since passed. I was told it could have been something there that caused inflammation so I've been more careful. How are you feeling?
    tarmale 13 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi Tarmale,Yes I think mine is my gall bladder causing pain, its in that area. Been feeling "off" my sugars are climbing, getting 12.0mmols after meals--much too high. Having my bloods repeated soon then probably starting on metformin.With so many other problems it all gets you down at times!!My Gp tells me I definatesly have the Metabolic Syndrome so its not just down to being over weight its all the other things.Being on steroids for 8 years certainly hasn't helped the weight. Metformin causes weight loss--I can only hope LOL !!!ValHi Val, I'm sorry it took this long to respond but I have so many emails and alot of them are junk. Interesting thing-I went back for a check because I was in horrible pain. Dr. ordered a sonogram and it found nothing wrong with my gallbladder which is what I thought it was. I have a fatty liver and the pain I'm told it from my gallbladder spasming. There were no stones or anything. Never heard of it before but the pain has since passed. I was told it could have been something there that caused inflammation so I've been more careful. How are you feeling?
    valigene 9 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement