Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Please help, pain under right rib cage, fatigued, worried

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: tarmale
  • April 25, 2010
  • 11:24 PM

:(Hi everyone,
I need some help-I'm a 40 year old female, in fair/good health. For the past month I have had pain under my right rib cage especially after I eat. I believe it to be my gallbladder. I am also very fatigued to the point that I feel like I have to take a nap after being awake for only a few hours. Although I typically have a bowel movement daily sometimes it's earlier, sometimes later in the day. I also sometimes alternate between constipation and diarrhea but not all the time. Dairy I'm sure is the culprit as it seems to go right through me and I try to avoid it.
In the past few days I'm also having some discomfort, although I wouldn't actually call it pain, under my left rib cage as well.
Some history on me: I had these same symptoms two years ago and it was discovered I had a mild fatty liver and an hemangioma on my left lobe. My gallbladder showed no problems and neither did my spleen or pancreas. I am prediabetic which I'm now addressing with diet and exercise and I have b12 deficiency which I have to admit I've not been taking for the past couple of months.
I know I need to lose weight as I'm 5'6 and 170lbs. I also carry this weight mostly in my abdomen which I know is not at all healthy. I've committed to this and have been sticking to it. I'm worried of course this could be cancer or cirrhosis. I had an abdominal sonogram taken last week but I won't know the results till the end of next week! It seems like it shouldn't take this long but they assured me I'd get a call if it was something very bad. I'm praying it's not because I have so much to live fore and will never again forget that. If anyone can shed some light I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Hi,I was diagnosed yesterday with a very fatty Liver. I am getting upper abdominal pain right side.Felt increasingly unwell and fatigue worse than normal I also have Lupus, Sticky Blood, Hypothyroid, High Cholesterol and borderline Diabetic and very overweight.I am trying to change eating but not a big eater nor do I eat high fat foods.Its so difficult with limited mobilty to exercise. I only can walk short distances with a stick!!.I have read lots and Fatty Liver is caused by alcohol, Obesity and Diabetes but can have a metabolic syndrome if diabetic, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroid. Certain medication worsen it, steroids and warfarin which I take. Dr's tell me it won't kill me but I am only 56 if its very fatty now how long does it take to become cirrhosis??I don't suppose I have helped but perhaps we can find answers together.
    valigene 9 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,I was diagnosed yesterday with a very fatty Liver. I am getting upper abdominal pain right side.Felt increasingly unwell and fatigue worse than normal I also have Lupus, Sticky Blood, Hypothyroid, High Cholesterol and borderline Diabetic and very overweight.I am trying to change eating but not a big eater nor do I eat high fat foods.Its so difficult with limited mobilty to exercise. I only can walk short distances with a stick!!.I have read lots and Fatty Liver is caused by alcohol, Obesity and Diabetes but can have a metabolic syndrome if diabetic, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroid. Certain medication worsen it, steroids and warfarin which I take. Dr's tell me it won't kill me but I am only 56 if its very fatty now how long does it take to become cirrhosis??I don't suppose I have helped but perhaps we can find answers together. Hi Val, I'm sorry it took this long to respond but I have so many emails and alot of them are junk. Interesting thing-I went back for a check because I was in horrible pain. Dr. ordered a sonogram and it found nothing wrong with my gallbladder which is what I thought it was. I have a fatty liver and the pain I'm told it from my gallbladder spasming. There were no stones or anything. Never heard of it before but the pain has since passed. I was told it could have been something there that caused inflammation so I've been more careful. How are you feeling?
    tarmale 13 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi Tarmale,Yes I think mine is my gall bladder causing pain, its in that area. Been feeling "off" my sugars are climbing, getting 12.0mmols after meals--much too high. Having my bloods repeated soon then probably starting on metformin.With so many other problems it all gets you down at times!!My Gp tells me I definatesly have the Metabolic Syndrome so its not just down to being over weight its all the other things.Being on steroids for 8 years certainly hasn't helped the weight. Metformin causes weight loss--I can only hope LOL !!!ValHi Val, I'm sorry it took this long to respond but I have so many emails and alot of them are junk. Interesting thing-I went back for a check because I was in horrible pain. Dr. ordered a sonogram and it found nothing wrong with my gallbladder which is what I thought it was. I have a fatty liver and the pain I'm told it from my gallbladder spasming. There were no stones or anything. Never heard of it before but the pain has since passed. I was told it could have been something there that caused inflammation so I've been more careful. How are you feeling?
    valigene 9 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement