Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Metallic taste in mouth

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: DebbyH
  • April 22, 2010
  • 10:20 PM

I have been dealing with a very strong metallic taste in my mouth for 4 months. I have had this before a year ago but it went away after about 2 weeks. I stopped all medications for 3 weeks and the metallic taste went away for the first 2 days and came right back. I don't drink anything but water (usually bottled), ice tea, juice and coffee. I have tried stopping each of those with no change. I went to the dentist and got a clean bill of health there. I went to an ENT doctor 2 weeks ago and he did a CAT scan and said I had some sinus issues and put me on a steriod dose pack, Keflex (antibiotic) and a nasal spray. The metallic taste went away for about 5 days but then came back. I am starting my 3rd week of the antibiotics now and the taste is as strong as ever. When this started 4 months ago - I noticed 5 or 6 bumps come up below my bottom lip. I also had several mouth sores for a few weeks. All of that went away - but the metallic taste remains. It is like I have a mouth full of copper pennies or paper clips - it feels like it is seeping out from under my teeth - not just one or two of them - but ALL of them. I would apprecitate any thoughts or ideas.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement