Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

crackling lungs?

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: faoltaem
  • April 14, 2010
  • 11:28 AM

i posted this earlier possibly in the wrong section

this morning i noticed that when i breathed deeply there seemed to be this crackling sound in my lungs, i'm not sure that it actually made a sound or whether i just thought it did because i could feel it because no one around me seemed to notice it. it went away not too long after, and my breathing now sounds clear. also i had a slight cough that felt a bit phlemy/raspy.

previous symptoms etc.
i regularly wake up with a thick mucous type coating in my mouth, which goes away if i have tea/coffee or gargle some hot salt water or something.
i have had on/off shortness of breath (which is more like a feeling of not being able to catch the end of my breath, and so i continue to breath in until i catch the breath or i can't breathe in any more in which case i breathe out and sort of start the process again, i find that a yawn usually catches the breathe).
i saw a thoracic physician for this near the start of last year and got the all clear. a chest x-ray compared with one from 2 years ago seemed to show that my lungs were like a rib larger or something although both were normal. my breathing tests were all fine, and showed good lung capacity. and an exercise stress test stopped due to muscle fatigue as opposed to dyspnea. oh and i also have a heart murmur (1/4 tricuspid regurgitation)

any ideas what the crackling was, do i need to go see a doctor?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement