Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Lower right abdominal pain, radiates down leg

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 12, 2010
  • 07:04 PM

I've lost track of the number of Dr. visits I've had over this issue. I've had a CT scan that showed nothing. Celiac testing. Blood testing. Poked and prodded to no end. I've been told it could be anything from nerve issues to IBS to a small hernia.

So here's what I've got, maybe it'll sound familiar to someone - I'll be as specific as I can so as not to lump it into any other condition. I'm male, late 30s, in otherwise good health (no blood pressure/cholesterol issues), don't smoke but drink occasionally.

Pain in the lower right quadrant, from the pubic bone to the right pelvic bone and below, a burning sensation. Does not hurt to press on the area. The pain also travels down the leg from where the arterial canal is in the inguinal fold in a straight line to the front left of the knee. Occasionally the pain continues to the ankle, and I get an occasional warm sensation in the leg and occasionally some tingling in the foot. No back pain, flank pain, or anything else. The abdominal pain is quite persistent with slight variations in the day, but is much less in the morning and worsens as the day progresses. On a scale of 1-10, it's rarely a 0 or more than a 3, rarely a 4. Seems to worsen with alcohol (so I almost never drink anymore, and if I do, it's maybe 1 small glass of wine or 1 beer), but I haven't been able to truly pin down cause and effect with that to make a direct link - and the pain doesn't go away no matter how long I don't drink, weeks or months.

Poss related info - had bad pain 6 years ago in both r & l lower abdomen by pelvis (by where the colon is) along with bad constipation, fatigue, nausea that lasted a while and possibly a jaundiced complexion. Fatigue and complexion left after a week or so, got to dr's office with nothing but the pain and constipation. Poked & prodded, no pain, Dr. seemed to dismiss my mention of fatigue/complexion as it wasn't present at the time. Dealt with this pain and nausea for months until it has finally gone over the years with only occasional not as severe relapses, and leaving me with this right side issue.

Anyway, the constant pain leads to stress and worry, and occasionally a short bout of anxiety - type attack, but I've learned to recognize those and they pass quickly now, but until I figure this out and find a resolution, the stress, pain and worry continue.

Any thoughts or help are very welcome, especially if there are more folks out there with a similar issue.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement