Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Pea sized bubble (under the skin) attached to the vein in my neck

Posted In: Nerve conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: sarah12345
  • January 10, 2007
  • 09:32 AM

Pea sized bubble (under the skin) attached to the vein in my neck (approx. 4 or 5 inches below the left ear lobe). I also have symptoms of upper left foot tingling and left big toe tingling and sometimes the tingling radiates up my left leg almost to the kneecap. The muscles in my left arm (above the elbow) are sore. I did not do anything to cause this; i.e., exercise, getting hurt or falling or anything out of the ordinary. These symptoms just came upon me and I also discovered this bubble in my neck.
These symptoms have been going on for several days now. The tingling in my foot keep me awake most of the night, I don't take anything to easy the pain because I don't like taking pills of any sort.

If anyone has any idea as to what might be going on I would appreciate your response.

Thank you,

Sarah :(

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Sarah: I think you should see a doctor ASAP!!!! This sounds like something serious and needs to be looked at yesterday. Go to the emergency room if you cannot get an appointment right away. I am not a doctor but that bubble in your vein might rupture. Good luck and let us know what you find. Regards, Lil
    Diamond Lil 12 Replies
    • January 10, 2007
    • 03:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • this sounds like several different problems at the same time - but has that "bubble" been there long?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2007
    • 02:51 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi thereI would get it checked.... However are u sure it has just arrived with the other symptoms? I have a similar sounding lump on my neck vein which has been there for a lot of years. Seperately for the last 10 - 15 years i havehad a variety of other back/nerve symptoms. these are slowly getting worse and one of these days i'll get the guts to get them checked out. re your neck lump, is it a seperate bubble, or is it an enlarged part of the vein?
    pingu2007 2 Replies
    • January 22, 2007
    • 04:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, Did you ever get that looked at? I just came on line because my 12 year old daughter has the exact same thing an I was looking for some information. It's the same size, in the same place . I'd be curious to hear about your situation!Thanks
    grosso66 1 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 08:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Now that all the doom-sayers have weighed in, let me offer one possible explanation that is less scary. The "pea-sized bubble", given its location, sounds to me like an inflamed lymph node, not something wrong with your vein there. Inflamed lymph nodes generally are a sign of infection, and your other strange symptoms may indeed be signs of some sort of infection involving certain nerves. So, yes, you should go see a doctor, but it's entirely possible (and more probable) that you have a treatable infection. Don't panic -- go see a doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2007
    • 07:43 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement